Total Results: 655Displaying: 1 - 10
- Facebook poised to make deep cuts in Google’s mobile territory
- Published: January 29, 2015
- Facebook, benefiting from its fourth-quarter rollout of Local Awareness Ads, is poised to make deep cuts into Google’s territory as advertisers continue to shift advertising spending to digital from traditional outlets and Facebook’s user base continues to climb.
- Dolce Hotels rivals Hyatt with guest-centric SMS platform
- Published: January 26, 2015
- Dolce Hotels and Resorts is attempting to compete with other mobile-friendly hotel brands, such as Hyatt and Courtyard Marriott, as it rolls out an SMS messaging platform that sends guests welcome messages, check-in options and booking capabilities via their mobile devices.
- TCPA compliance remains a headache for marketers
- Published: January 22, 2015
- By Marc S. Roth
While seemingly easy, developing an effective mobile strategy is not without peril. Companies that have attempted to do so without following the rules – which will never be mistaken for a model of clarity – can attest to the pain and costs that result from such efforts.
- Mobile blurs line between data protection and privacy, say legal experts
- Published: January 16, 2015
- NEW YORK – Legal and privacy panelists at Mobile Marketer’s Mobile FirstLook: Strategy 2015 conference agreed that mobile is blurring the line between data protection and privacy, with concern growing about personal data that is not necessarily private and how it is collected or shared.
- What social currency can do for – and to – the marketer’s brand
- Published: January 5, 2015
- By Linda Goldstein
Marketers are experimenting with ways to use social currency to build brands, enticing consumers to open their social networks instead of their wallets.
- Beacons will under-deliver – here’s why
- Published: December 30, 2014
- By Matt Ramerman
Location is a key to your 2015 marketing success. But beacons will take you down the wrong road.
- Hyatt drives guest stays with free Wi-Fi in hotels worldwide
- Published: December 24, 2014
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation is enticing guests to visit its hotels by rolling out free Wi-Fi at each Hyatt hotel around the world, regardless of each customer’s booking method or loyalty program membership.
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue ups guest communication with SMS strategy
- Published: December 19, 2014
- Seattle’s Hyatt Regency Bellevue hotel is attempting to raise communication efforts between staff and guests by leveraging a two-way SMS cloud-based solution that is also set to save the hotel thousands of dollars each year.
- Porch app builds bond between homeowners, professionals
- Published: December 15, 2014
- Porch’s new app that lets homeowners connect with professionals and a pilot program that lets pros accept small job requests reflects its effort to capitalize on consumer demand for quick service accelerated by the mobile mind shift.
- State Farm taps object recognition with CarCapture app
- Published: December 12, 2014
- State Farm is leveraging object recognition technology and partnering with Edmunds.com to launch the CarCapture mobile application that allows users to snap a photo of the back of a car and instantly receive detailed information.