Total Results: 1012Displaying: 91 - 100
- Amazon prevails in battle with Apple, can legally use “app store”
- Published: July 10, 2013
- Apple has given up its fight to claim exclusive rights to use the term “app store,” paving the way for Amazon and possible others to legally use the increasingly common name for a mobile application marketplace.
- Can Tim Cook lead Apple to another iPod moment?
- Published: July 10, 2013
- By Vanessa Horwell
The only encouraging piece to Apple’s historical innovation might be its tendency not to invent, but to improve.
- Smartphone sales weaken but not mobile marketing opportunities
- Published: July 9, 2013
- Suggestions that the high-end smartphone market is becoming saturated is bad news for handset makers such as Apple and Samsung. However, for marketers the news is only half bad as time spent on mobile devices continues to grow.
- No more money, openness or innovation in mobile?
- Published: June 25, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
There are only a few powers that are trying to lock the mobile ecosystem: Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Du. And while Apple and carriers are unabashedly closed fiefs, Google’s Android may not be truly open.
- Apple, Amazon “App Store” battle heads to court after settlement talks stall
- Published: June 21, 2013
- Apple’s allegations that Amazon is infringing its trademarks by using the term “App Store” will make its way to a courtroom in August after talks between the two companies failed to reach a settlement.
- Apple's iAd drops minimum spend to $50 in bid to win over developers
- Published: June 14, 2013
- In a significant reworking of its iAd offering, Apple recently dropped the minimum spend to $50 and introduced self-service tools as it looks to open up the platform to a much wider base of potential advertisers.
- The Waze Craze: Why Google outbid Facebook, Apple to acquire the mapping service
- Published: June 13, 2013
- Google outbidding Facebook and Apple to acquire social mapping service Waze is the latest example of just how crucial location data is in the mobile space.
- Sexy, but unimpressive: Apple fails to meet mobile expectations
- Published: June 12, 2013
- By Krishna Subramanian
Apple is not actually stepping up to deliver any game-changing products or features. It is just putting more makeup on the front end of a product, which will not drive sales.
- Apple makes news with iOS 7, fails to excite
- Published: June 11, 2013
- With lots of news, but no real surprises revealed during the opening keynote for Apple’s annual developer’s conference, the manufacturing giant did little to dispel concerns that it is losing its innovative edge.
- Apple dealt setback in patent battle with Samsung, faces import ban
- Published: June 7, 2013
- Apple is facing a probable import ban in the United States on earlier versions of the iPhone and iPad for allegedly infringing the South Korean handset manufacturer’s patents.