Total Results: 963Displaying: 21 - 30
- Apple has killed NFC. Next up: an Amex purchase?
- Published: October 25, 2013
- By Tim Dunn
With the release of the iPhone 5S and 5C, we saw the death of mobile payment as we know it, and the hundreds of thousands of NFC-enabled retailers across the world are now scratching their heads about what to do next.
- Andrew Hsu: Invention of touch and what’s next
- Published: October 23, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
Microsoft’s Bill Gates stood on the stage at the now-defunct Comdex show in Las Vegas in 2000 with his schoolboy smile, touting the new “tablet PC.” Penned on the tablet in Mr. Gates’ handwriting was “Tablet PC is SUPER COOL!” Behind the stage, a backlit sign read, “Experience the evolution.”
- Apple’s new retail head to pave way for fusion of technology and fashion
- Published: October 17, 2013
- Apple’s recent hiring of the CEO from ultra-hip fashion brand Burberry to run its retail division points to the growing fusion of technology and fashion seen in the growth of wearable computing devices such as watches and eyewear.
- Can Apple, Microsoft reinvent mobile businesses with phablets?
- Published: October 16, 2013
- As the rumors heat up that Apple is developing a phone-tablet hybrid that will compete head-on with Samsung, Microsoft and HTC, phablets are emerging as a way for manufacturers to jumpstart sales.
- IOS threatened after court dismisses Apple's suit to protect developers
- Published: October 3, 2013
- The recent dismissal of Apple’s suit intended to protect developers from what it claims are unwarranted patent fees threatens to cut into developers’ profitability and, therefore, the vibrancy of the iOS ecosystem.
- Mobile Minutes: Apple, Google, BlackBerry, FCC
- Published: September 19, 2013
- Today in mobile marketing: Apple's new iPhones offer several lessons; Google-owned retail stores could be revolutionary; BlackBerry gearing up for another round of layoffs; White House asks FCC to require mobile phone be unlocked.
- Bluetooth-enabled mobile services threaten NFC with take-off
- Published: September 18, 2013
- There is growing excitement around Bluetooth technology and how it can support mobile users’ real-world activities. Apple’s iBeacon and PayPal’s Beacon are just the tip of the iceberg, with many more Bluetooth-enabled services expected over the coming year.
- Why Apple’s Passbook is a bigger must-have for marketers than ever
- Published: September 17, 2013
- Many of the enhancements available in iOS 7 point to how Apple is addressing mobile wallets as enhancing the shopping experience with offers and in-store information rather than by enabling payments, where adoption has been slow.
- Samsung beats Apple in meeting users' multitasking needs
- Published: September 5, 2013
- As consumers increasingly use mobile applications and mobile Web sites for a variety of everyday activities, marketers are focusing on enabling users to multitask. Yet, Apple seems to be trailing Samsung in catering to this trend.
- Snapple mobilizes Real Facts campaign via branded game
- Published: September 5, 2013
- Tea and juice brand Snapple has launched its first mobile and desktop branded application that builds on the brand's popular Real Facts to let consumers create a virtual conga line.