Total Results: 982Displaying: 31 - 40
- How to build a better iPad app
- Published: November 22, 2013
- The launch of the Apple Store iPad application this week cracks the code on how to build compelling iPad apps that more fully take advantage of the device's features while driving interaction and sales.
- Apple poised to surpass Google in indoor location-based services
- Published: November 20, 2013
- Location-based services is shaping up to be a significant portion of the mobile industry going forward. While Apple has traditionally not been very strong here, the company is quietly making gains and could even surpass Google in one quickly growing area: indoor location.
- Apple's biggest weakness and Samsung's biggest opportunity is women
- Published: November 19, 2013
- Although Apple’s brand loyalty remains relatively high, an opportunity for Samsung to more aggressively target female iPhone users is breaking out as sales plateau.
- The costs of travelling with Apple iOS7 devices overseas
- Published: November 13, 2013
- By Jared Owen
Apple’s recently launched iOS7 has given iPhones and iPads a whole new look and feel, but the update also raises concerns for consumers who are traveling abroad with these devices.
- IPad Air Christmas day acquisition strategy a must for marketers
- Published: November 12, 2013
- The iPad Air hit the shelves on Nov. 1 and already it is experiencing a strong reception, outpacing adoption rates for previous iPads, according to new data from Fiksu.
- Smartphone makers turn up heat on advertising with differing results
- Published: November 11, 2013
- Increasingly, mobile handset manufacturers are focusing their efforts on gaining a competitive edge with consumers by winning over their hearts with splashy television ads as much as they are on bringing out faster, better hardware. However, not all ad campaigns are created equal.
- Mobile inspires new retail store designs that go beyond the Apple Store
- Published: November 5, 2013
- Mobile’s influence on the in-store experience extends beyond iPad point-of-sale systems and shopping applications, with retailers completely rethinking store design and merchandising to better meet the needs of the smartphone-equipped customer.
- Google Wallet makes gains against Passbook in mobile loyalty
- Published: November 4, 2013
- As Google Wallet ramps up its efforts in loyalty programs, it is slowly inching towards the ranks of Passbook and giving the Apple alternative to mobile payments a run for its money.
- Is Apple’s push into lower prices working?
- Published: October 29, 2013
- While Apple is selling more iPhones, the average selling price is on the decline, raising the question of how well its strategy to extend reach into lower-priced segments is working.
- Apple has killed NFC. Next up: an Amex purchase?
- Published: October 25, 2013
- By Tim Dunn
With the release of the iPhone 5S and 5C, we saw the death of mobile payment as we know it, and the hundreds of thousands of NFC-enabled retailers across the world are now scratching their heads about what to do next.