Total Results: 1019Displaying: 71 - 80
- The costs of travelling with Apple iOS7 devices overseas
- Published: November 13, 2013
- By Jared Owen
Apple’s recently launched iOS7 has given iPhones and iPads a whole new look and feel, but the update also raises concerns for consumers who are traveling abroad with these devices.
- IPad Air Christmas day acquisition strategy a must for marketers
- Published: November 12, 2013
- The iPad Air hit the shelves on Nov. 1 and already it is experiencing a strong reception, outpacing adoption rates for previous iPads, according to new data from Fiksu.
- Smartphone makers turn up heat on advertising with differing results
- Published: November 11, 2013
- Increasingly, mobile handset manufacturers are focusing their efforts on gaining a competitive edge with consumers by winning over their hearts with splashy television ads as much as they are on bringing out faster, better hardware. However, not all ad campaigns are created equal.
- Mobile inspires new retail store designs that go beyond the Apple Store
- Published: November 5, 2013
- Mobile’s influence on the in-store experience extends beyond iPad point-of-sale systems and shopping applications, with retailers completely rethinking store design and merchandising to better meet the needs of the smartphone-equipped customer.
- Google Wallet makes gains against Passbook in mobile loyalty
- Published: November 4, 2013
- As Google Wallet ramps up its efforts in loyalty programs, it is slowly inching towards the ranks of Passbook and giving the Apple alternative to mobile payments a run for its money.
- Is Apple’s push into lower prices working?
- Published: October 29, 2013
- While Apple is selling more iPhones, the average selling price is on the decline, raising the question of how well its strategy to extend reach into lower-priced segments is working.
- Apple has killed NFC. Next up: an Amex purchase?
- Published: October 25, 2013
- By Tim Dunn
With the release of the iPhone 5S and 5C, we saw the death of mobile payment as we know it, and the hundreds of thousands of NFC-enabled retailers across the world are now scratching their heads about what to do next.
- Andrew Hsu: Invention of touch and what’s next
- Published: October 23, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
Microsoft’s Bill Gates stood on the stage at the now-defunct Comdex show in Las Vegas in 2000 with his schoolboy smile, touting the new “tablet PC.” Penned on the tablet in Mr. Gates’ handwriting was “Tablet PC is SUPER COOL!” Behind the stage, a backlit sign read, “Experience the evolution.”
- Apple’s new retail head to pave way for fusion of technology and fashion
- Published: October 17, 2013
- Apple’s recent hiring of the CEO from ultra-hip fashion brand Burberry to run its retail division points to the growing fusion of technology and fashion seen in the growth of wearable computing devices such as watches and eyewear.
- Can Apple, Microsoft reinvent mobile businesses with phablets?
- Published: October 16, 2013
- As the rumors heat up that Apple is developing a phone-tablet hybrid that will compete head-on with Samsung, Microsoft and HTC, phablets are emerging as a way for manufacturers to jumpstart sales.