Total Results: 65Displaying: 1 - 10
- FCC rules for carrier robocall blocking, clears developers of some liability
- Published: June 19, 2015
- The Federal Communications Commission yesterday passed a proposal from chairman Tom Wheeler, supporting consumers' ability to opt out of robocalling through their wireless carriers, among other developments.
- Mobile Minutes: Spotify considers podcasts; Amazon.com’s home services marketplace; Airbnb’s unique raffle; Net rules
- Published: March 31, 2015
- Today in mobile marketing - Spotify said in talks to add podcasts to challenge Apple; Amazon wants to be your home services middleman; Airbnb raffles off a stay in a…Scandinavian ski jump?; FCC chairman: Net rules will withstand court challenge.
- Net neutrality faces first of many expected legal challenges
- Published: March 25, 2015
- The first two of possibly many lawsuits have been filed against the Federal Communications Commission’s net neutrality rules, which are likely to face legal challenges on a number of different fronts.
- FCC’s net neutrality OK raises worries of mobile over-regulation
- Published: February 27, 2015
- The Federal Communications Commission’s stunning decision to regulate broadband Internet service as a public utility opens the door for a flood of legal challenges, more Congressional debate and the possibility of over-regulation in the competitive wireless carrier space.
- Proposed FCC rules fail to reflect mobile's role in net neutrality
- Published: February 5, 2015
- Proposed Federal Communications Commission rules on Internet service in United States homes would be excessive if they treated wireless carriers like 19th-century telephone company monopolists.
- TCPA compliance remains a headache for marketers
- Published: January 22, 2015
- By Marc S. Roth
While seemingly easy, developing an effective mobile strategy is not without peril. Companies that have attempted to do so without following the rules – which will never be mistaken for a model of clarity – can attest to the pain and costs that result from such efforts.
- FCC proposal would widen opening for mobile video services, advertising
- Published: October 30, 2014
- In a reflection of how mobile is disrupting the way that television and cable shows are distributed and consumed, the Federal Communications Commission is considering giving Internet-based video distributors wider access to programming.
- Mobile Minutes: FCC ponders net regulations; Apple shuns trading data; Germany lifts Uber ban; Facebook resurges Surge
- Published: September 17, 2014
- Today in mobile marketing - Wireless fight as FCC ponders net neutrality regulations; Apple CEO Tim Cook: Your data is not our business; German court lifts injunction banning Uber; How a Facebook group persuaded Coca-Cola to rerelease Surge.
- FCC encourages public input on mobile as net neutrality discussion moves forward
- Published: May 19, 2014
- While the Federal Communications Commission’s moves on net neutrality last week have little if any immediate impact on mobile, they do open the door to possible implications down the road.
- TCPA petition filed with FCC to support mobile messaging
- Published: November 5, 2013
- By Jack Philbin
The uncertainty over the FCC's TCPA rules on SMS/MMS has caused much angst in the industry, and the potential misinterpretation is leaving marketers feeling vulnerable to lawsuits. Therefore, we have decided to take action.