Total Results: 64Displaying: 1 - 10
- Mobile Minutes: Spotify considers podcasts; Amazon.com’s home services marketplace; Airbnb’s unique raffle; Net rules
- Published: March 31, 2015
- Today in mobile marketing - Spotify said in talks to add podcasts to challenge Apple; Amazon wants to be your home services middleman; Airbnb raffles off a stay in a…Scandinavian ski jump?; FCC chairman: Net rules will withstand court challenge.
- Net neutrality faces first of many expected legal challenges
- Published: March 25, 2015
- The first two of possibly many lawsuits have been filed against the Federal Communications Commission’s net neutrality rules, which are likely to face legal challenges on a number of different fronts.
- FCC’s net neutrality OK raises worries of mobile over-regulation
- Published: February 27, 2015
- The Federal Communications Commission’s stunning decision to regulate broadband Internet service as a public utility opens the door for a flood of legal challenges, more Congressional debate and the possibility of over-regulation in the competitive wireless carrier space.
- Proposed FCC rules fail to reflect mobile's role in net neutrality
- Published: February 5, 2015
- Proposed Federal Communications Commission rules on Internet service in United States homes would be excessive if they treated wireless carriers like 19th-century telephone company monopolists.
- TCPA compliance remains a headache for marketers
- Published: January 22, 2015
- By Marc S. Roth
While seemingly easy, developing an effective mobile strategy is not without peril. Companies that have attempted to do so without following the rules – which will never be mistaken for a model of clarity – can attest to the pain and costs that result from such efforts.
- FCC proposal would widen opening for mobile video services, advertising
- Published: October 30, 2014
- In a reflection of how mobile is disrupting the way that television and cable shows are distributed and consumed, the Federal Communications Commission is considering giving Internet-based video distributors wider access to programming.
- Mobile Minutes: FCC ponders net regulations; Apple shuns trading data; Germany lifts Uber ban; Facebook resurges Surge
- Published: September 17, 2014
- Today in mobile marketing - Wireless fight as FCC ponders net neutrality regulations; Apple CEO Tim Cook: Your data is not our business; German court lifts injunction banning Uber; How a Facebook group persuaded Coca-Cola to rerelease Surge.
- FCC encourages public input on mobile as net neutrality discussion moves forward
- Published: May 19, 2014
- While the Federal Communications Commission’s moves on net neutrality last week have little if any immediate impact on mobile, they do open the door to possible implications down the road.
- TCPA petition filed with FCC to support mobile messaging
- Published: November 5, 2013
- By Jack Philbin
The uncertainty over the FCC's TCPA rules on SMS/MMS has caused much angst in the industry, and the potential misinterpretation is leaving marketers feeling vulnerable to lawsuits. Therefore, we have decided to take action.
- What your service provider is not telling you about new TCPA rules for SMS/MMS marketing
- Published: October 17, 2013
- By Michael Ahearn
Many "Armageddon dates" have come and gone. Millennial computer clocks. Mayan calendars. Oct. 16, 2013. Without an action plan, this date could become Judgment Day for your existing SMS/MMS programs and opt-in databases.