Total Results: 57Displaying: 1 - 10
- FCC encourages public input on mobile as net neutrality discussion moves forward
- Published: May 19, 2014
- While the Federal Communications Commissionís moves on net neutrality last week have little if any immediate impact on mobile, they do open the door to possible implications down the road.
- TCPA petition filed with FCC to support mobile messaging
- Published: November 5, 2013
- By Jack Philbin
The uncertainty over the FCC's TCPA rules on SMS/MMS has caused much angst in the industry, and the potential misinterpretation is leaving marketers feeling vulnerable to lawsuits. Therefore, we have decided to take action.
- What your service provider is not telling you about new TCPA rules for SMS/MMS marketing
- Published: October 17, 2013
- By Michael Ahearn
Many "Armageddon dates" have come and gone. Millennial computer clocks. Mayan calendars. Oct. 16, 2013. Without an action plan, this date could become Judgment Day for your existing SMS/MMS programs and opt-in databases.
- Panic not necessary for compliant SMS messaging programs
- Published: October 11, 2013
- By Tim Miller
There is a small minority of marketers that is interpreting the new TCPA rules to imply that everyone must start over and re-opt-in everyone in their database, essentially wiping out years of investment in MMA- and CTIA-compliant, consumer-centric, best-practice marketing.
- Mobile Minutes: Apple, Google, BlackBerry, FCC
- Published: September 19, 2013
- Today in mobile marketing: Apple's new iPhones offer several lessons; Google-owned retail stores could be revolutionary; BlackBerry gearing up for another round of layoffs; White House asks FCC to require mobile phone be unlocked.
- FCCís Oct. 16 deadline for mobile opt-in looms for marketers
- Published: July 5, 2013
- By Brad Schorer
Many large organizations are finding that they are at risk of losing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of valuable customer phone numbers that they are not able to contact via their call centers or mobile marketing efforts.
- FCC ruling on text messages paves way for bigger commitment to mobile marketing
- Published: December 3, 2012
- A recent ruling by the Federal Communications Commission regarding certain types of text messages could open the door for brands to make a bigger commitment to mobile marketing.
- AT&T, Verizon team up with FCC to address stolen mobile phones
- Published: April 11, 2012
- To address the growing number of mobile phones that are being stolen and quickly resold, several wireless carriers, including AT&T and Verizon, have committed to building a database that will enable them to quickly disable a phone after it has been stolen.
- In a significant blow to the company, AT&T drops T-Mobile deal
- Published: December 20, 2011
- Following months of opposition from government regulators, competitors and consumer advocates, AT&T threw in the towel yesterday and said it will drop its proposed merger with T-Mobile USA.
- Verizon lawsuit claims FCC has gone too far with net neutrality
- Published: October 4, 2011
- Verizon has filed a suit challenging the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules, claiming the watchdog has gone too far.