Total Results: 260Displaying: 61 - 70
- Is Facebook killing its mobile user experience with ads?
- Published: October 10, 2012
- Facebook has ramped up its mobile advertising efforts over the past few months. However, the social media giant may risk turning off mobile users if the ads become too intrusive.
- Can Facebook’s mobile ad network compete with Google and Apple?
- Published: September 20, 2012
- Facebook is looking to leverage its rich user data to help brands deliver targeted mobile advertising in applications and mobile sites other than its own via a new mobile ad network.
- Facebook’s mobile struggles awaken industry to growing click fraud problem
- Published: September 19, 2012
- While click fraud is often a given in mobile marketing, the full extent of the problem and its implications became a lot clearer following Facebook’s revelations about the issues it faces monetizing mobile via advertising.
- Are Facebook’s problems with HTML5 an anomaly?
- Published: September 17, 2012
- While companies have quickly embraced HTML5 technology over the past couple of years as a way to provide app-like experiences on the mobile Web, not all have had the same success, pointing to the need for a better understanding of when and where not to use the technology.
- Facebook, Twitter turning media companies: drawing blood from stone?
- Published: September 4, 2012
- Extreme leniency from Wall Street, venture capitalists and angel investors in the past two decades has enabled flights of fancy and the launch of ventures that would never have lasted a year in the pre-Internet era.
- Amstel Light relies on mobile advertising to drive Facebook engagement
- Published: August 27, 2012
- Amstel Light is using mobile advertising to build its social efforts and increase its Facebook presence.
- How to create an effective mobile, social campaign
- Published: August 24, 2012
- Mobile and social inherently complement each other and marketers are increasingly marrying the two to deepen their relationship with consumers. However, simply linking to a Facebook or Twitter page is no longer enough.
- Are Facebook’s non-social mobile ads good for brands?
- Published: August 17, 2012
- Facebook’s growing focus on non-social ads on mobile and desktop gives marketers potentially powerful new ways to reach the social network’s large user base. However, given Facebook’s strong social heritage, these ads could also annoy consumers if not handled correctly.
- Facebook shifts focus from social in aggressive move to monetize mobile
- Published: August 9, 2012
- Hoping to leverage its strength as a mobile application discovery platform, Facebook is stepping away from its social positioning to test a non-social ad unit.
- Facebook needs to compete with itself to monetize mobile
- Published: July 30, 2012
Facebook’s audience from mobile will likely be 70 percent of its total active user base in one year from now as smartphone penetration is accelerating.