Total Results: 294Displaying: 61 - 70
- Facebook eyes Waze buy to drive local relevancy
- Published: May 10, 2013
- In a reflection of the key role that location plays in mobile, Facebook is reportedly close to paying up to $1 billion to acquire Waze, a navigation application that lets drivers build and use live maps, as well as browse real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn directions.
- Facebook’s mobile fortunes improve but rich user experiences still lacking
- Published: May 2, 2013
- Facebook executives are talking up what they say are significant advances made in mobile during the first quarter, including the launch of Facebook Home and improved targeting capabilities. However, Facebook continues to look for ways to deliver rich advertising experiences to mobile users.
- Facebook cozies up to mobile app developers with Parse acquisition
- Published: April 30, 2013
- Facebook’s acquisition of Parse, which automates certain parts of application development, reinforces the social network’s commitment to mobile by bringing it closer to developers and opening up new opportunities to build mobile ad inventory.
- Implications of Facebook Home for marketers
- Published: April 29, 2013
- By Brendan A. Fitzpatrick
By replacing the most important part of the experience with one that revolves around you and your friends, Facebook is embarking on a smartphone coup d'etat.
- Mobile social advertising makes quantum leap forward
- Published: April 22, 2013
- Facebook is not the only social media site moving aggressively to improve its mobile advertising offerings. Twitter and LinkedIn also recently took steps to move mobile social advertising forward with better targeting and business-to-business offerings.
- Is mobile a more important ad medium than TV? Facebook thinks so
- Published: April 17, 2013
- Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook, said this week that mobile is as important, if not more important, to marketers than television. While many in the advertising world would agree with Ms. Sandberg, others are not so sure mobile has reached its full potential yet or that it will ever replace TV entirely.
- Facebook speaks language of big brands with behavioral targeting
- Published: April 12, 2013
- In a significant advancement for its mobile advertising offerings, Facebook is giving marketers a way to target mobile ads based on the products and brands that users buy.
- GM friends Facebook, pointing to its significant role in mobile advertising
- Published: April 11, 2013
- GM is reportedly launching a mobile-only advertising campaign on Facebook for the Chevrolet Sonic with the automaker investing in the social network for the first time in almost a year.
- Battlefield mobile: Twitter Cards versus Facebook Home
- Published: April 10, 2013
- By Alex Jacobs
It is already old news that mobile is the future, with some predicting that usage will overtake desktop as soon as next year. The platforms, brands and publishers that crack the code will thrive, and those that do not will perish.
- Facebook takes over Android home screen, has plans for new ad opportunities
- Published: April 5, 2013
- Facebook introduced a new way for Android users to interact more directly with friends from the home screen and lock screen of their device.