Total Results: 660Displaying: 21 - 30
- Google Wallet makes gains against Passbook in mobile loyalty
- Published: November 4, 2013
- As Google Wallet ramps up its efforts in loyalty programs, it is slowly inching towards the ranks of Passbook and giving the Apple alternative to mobile payments a run for its money.
- Google vs. Facebook: Who has the stronger mobile advertising strategy?
- Published: October 26, 2013
- Google and Facebook are increasingly going head-to-head on a number of fronts in mobile advertising, including performance marketing, a traditional area of strength for Google’s but one where Facebook is quickly gaining.
- Google Enhanced Campaigns has little impact on paid search performance: report
- Published: October 16, 2013
- With Google’s cost-per-click rates on smartphones up 5.2 percent year-over-year and flat compared to the previous quarter, a report from The Search Agency being released today suggests that the introduction of Enhanced Campaigns has not had a big impact on marketers.
- Virtual assistants advance: Are consumers ready for more invasive experiences?
- Published: October 8, 2013
- The mobile device as a virtual assistant is not a new idea, but players such as Google and Foursquare have new features intended to make the services more useful and contextually relevant. Opportunities exist for marketers as long as consumer do not perceive the new generation of virtual assistants as too invasive.
- Sherwin-Williams to change how color is discovered and selected
- Published: October 1, 2013
- Paint brand Sherwin-Williams jumped onboard with Google’s smart wearable technology, Google Glass, and launched a new application designed to fundamentally change how users discover and select color.
- What Google’s Hummingbird update means for marketers
- Published: October 1, 2013
- By Ken Wisnefski
On the eve of Google's 15th birthday last week, the search giant unveiled an algorithm update that had marketers on their toes on the effect it might have on their Google rankings, leaving some panicking that "SEO is dead."
- Can Google fix its mobile problem by pushing voice search?
- Published: September 30, 2013
- Google is hoping it can turn around its mobile search problem with a new algorithm intended to deliver better results for mobile users asking a question out loud.
- Google exec: Beautiful multiscreen campaigns not so difficult
- Published: September 25, 2013
- NEW YORK – A Google executive at the Mobile Marketing Association’s SM2 conference debunked four myths regarding multiscreen campaigns and explained that every marketer should be engaging across devices, browsers and channels.
- Mobile Minutes: Apple, Google, BlackBerry, FCC
- Published: September 19, 2013
- Today in mobile marketing: Apple's new iPhones offer several lessons; Google-owned retail stores could be revolutionary; BlackBerry gearing up for another round of layoffs; White House asks FCC to require mobile phone be unlocked.
- Battle of the maps: The 2014 ad game-changer
- Published: September 18, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
The principal challenge is that maps are a new and unique advertising paradigm, and the incumbent search business models, mostly designed for the Web’s previous era as a stationary, desktop experience, may need to be adjusted.