Total Results: 654Displaying: 61 - 70
- Samsung abandoning Android? ‘Tis Tizen?
- Published: March 27, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
The elephant in the room at the Galaxy S4 smartphone launch in New York was Android. Not one word about the Google-owned operating system. Is all well in Camelot?
- Apple bets augmented reality will drive next wave of mobile growth
- Published: March 20, 2013
- Apple has been awarded a new patent related to an augmented reality system, making it the latest handset manufacturer to place a bet that the technology will play a key role in next generation mobile experiences.
- Google lumping together desktop and mobile ads: Good or bad?
- Published: March 19, 2013
- By Ori Carmel
Google’s recent announcement that it is making significant changes to AdWords shook up the online marketing industry.
- 55pc of mobile search conversions happen in one hour: study
- Published: March 14, 2013
- With more than half of mobile searches resulting in a conversion within one hour, marketers need to be prepared to quickly serve users a full spectrum of information once a search has been made, according to a new study from Google and Nielsen.
- Android, PayPal, Pew: News briefs
- Published: March 14, 2013
- News briefs - Andy Rubin is replaced as head of Android; PayPal acquires mobile app developer Duff Research; Mobile transforms how teens use the Internet.
- Volkswagen propels repeat mobile app usage via social, location-based technology
- Published: March 8, 2013
- Volkswagen is partnering with Google on a new mobile application and Web experience that incorporates social media and location to let users track and share their road trips.
- Amazon, Google increasingly positioned to face-off in mobile
- Published: March 6, 2013
- Competition is heating up between Amazon and Google, with each moving into the other’s territory as they look to build mobile powerhouses.
- L’Oreal’s Redken boosts salon finder search traffic by 519pc year-over-year via mobile
- Published: March 5, 2013
- Since L’Oreal’s Redken launched its mobile site and incorporated Google mobile ads into its strategy, the percentage of total salon searches coming from smartphone devices leapt to 23 percent – a 519 percent increase year-over-year.
- Will Google’s new AdWords strategy do more harm than good on mobile?
- Published: February 8, 2013
- Google’s most sweeping overhaul to AdWords in several years is geared toward driving more revenue from mobile, which it could accomplish in the short term. However, these changes could also make it more difficult to optimize for the medium, something that could hurt mobile advertising more broadly.
- Google results suggest mobile, desktop CPCs are beginning to converge
- Published: January 23, 2013
- Google reported that cost-per-click rates actually increased in the fourth-quarter of 2012 compared with the third quarter. The numbers suggest that following a period of mobile weighing down Google’s financial results, the tide may be turning.