Total Results: 12Displaying: 1 - 10
- Is it game over for mobile check-ins?
- Published: March 13, 2012
- With Gowalla and Loopt going the way of the Dodo and foursquare planning a revamp with more of a focus on providing relevant content, mobile check-in applications might be on their way out.
- Facebook acquires Gowalla team to boost location-based services
- Published: December 6, 2011
- Facebook is acquiring the team behind social networking service Gowalla as it continues to build out its location-based services.
- Mobile geo-social marketing allows for action-oriented, cost-per-acquisition metrics
- Published: April 20, 2011
- With growing excitement around the potential of geo-location, geo-social media and location-based services, large brands and local businesses alike have an opportunity to tap into the phenomenon to boost customer loyalty and sales.
- Disney taps mobile social network to engage theme park visitors with LBS
- Published: November 23, 2010
- In its first foray into location-based services, Disney Parks has teamed up with mobile social network Gowalla to provide guests with a new way to explore Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
- AT&T, Toms Shoes’ mobile sweepstakes emphasizes the spirit of giving
- Published: October 15, 2010
- AT&T and Toms Shoes tapped mobile social network Gowalla to celebrate the brand’s one millionth pair shoe drop.
- The rise of location-based personalized shopping
- Published: September 20, 2010
- By Wilson Kerr
What if you owned a small restaurant and I could generate $160,000 for you with just two location-based mobile campaigns?
- Will Facebook Places revolutionize location-based mobile advertising?
- Published: August 19, 2010
- Facebook will make major waves in the mobile space with its location-based Places platform—if it is able to get it right.
- Why the future of mobile is hyper local
- Published: August 18, 2010
- By Rob Woodbridge
Two years ago, Foursquare launched its location-based service and since then the number of companies offering similar check-in software has grown into a micro but popular industry.
- Toms Shoes enlists mobile to promote millionth pair donated
- Published: August 12, 2010
- Footwear brand Toms Shoes is promoting the sale and donation of its one millionth pair of shoes using mobile location-based technology.
- CNNMoney taps Gowalla for content distribution
- Published: July 14, 2010
- Time Warner Inc.’s CNNMoney is partnering with Gowalla to connect the location-based mobile social network with Money Magazine’s annual “100 Best Places to Live in America” list.