Tag: Jeff Hasen
Total Results: 94Displaying: 1 - 10
- Projected tablet sales plunge challenges marketers' investments in market
- Published: November 27, 2014
- A projected plunge in tablet sales this year raises the question of whether mobile payments will move more slowly into this market while challenging the investment of marketers who were betting on growing adoption.
- Pop network embraces Tumblr to engage multiscreen fans
- Published: November 26, 2014
- Pop, a fan-centric television joint venture between CBS Corp. and Lionsgate, will launch its Web site on Tumblr early next year to engage cult audiences on mobile in brands and properties that inspire content-sharing.
- Samsung’s Proximity will bring brands, consumers closer via beacon technology
- Published: November 14, 2014
- Samsung’s launching of Proximity, a mobile marketing platform that works with beacon technology, will enable a more direct relationship between brands and consumers while giving marketers a viable alternative to Apple’s ever-popular iBeacon in an enlarged beacon marketplace.
- Walmart Canada helps Half Your Plate campaign move from social into retail stores
- Published: October 28, 2014
- Walmart Canada is joining Half Your Plate, a healthy eating campaign sponsored by the Canadian Produce Marketing Association, paving the way for a successful social media campaign to move onto produce packaging and into retail locations across Canada.
- Google Inbox will spur more efficient, personal targeting of email campaigns
- Published: October 24, 2014
- Google’s unveiling of its Inbox mobile application and new tools for organizing email by precise categories will further give marketers an incentive to personalize their outreach to consumers in a world where one size no longer fits all.
- Marketers pressured to match strides with mobile-savvy consumers: IAB report
- Published: October 6, 2014
- More consumers want to respond in the mobile marketplace with their digital wallets or the swipe of a phone, ratcheting up the pressure on marketers to catch up, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s new report on “The State of the Mobile World.”
- Ford borrows a better idea to get closer to customers
- Published: October 2, 2014
- By Jeff Hasen
In the late 1960s, Ford Motor Company’s advertising proclaimed that the automaker had “a better idea.” During Advertising Week in New York, the company admitted that its mobile learnings have come in large part from others.
- When closeness via mobile is too close
- Published: July 17, 2014
- By Jeff Hasen
It did not have the stench or uneasy feeling of that “Close Encounter of the D Train” kind, but a moment at this week’s CEO/CMO Summit put on by the Mobile Marketing Association had even the hardened of marketers turning up their noses.
- Sony builds out mobile social platform to own World Cup sponsorship
- Published: May 13, 2014
- Sony wants to take its sponsorship of the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil up a notch with a branded and owned social network that aggregates content into one place.
- Nivea’s Bluetooth-enabled print ad tracks kids at the beach
- Published: May 12, 2014
- Nivea Sun Kids promises to protect children’s skin at the beach and now, building off the idea of protection, the brand is giving parents a way to help prevent kids from running off by themselves via a protector strip with a built-in locator and mobile application so parents can track their children.