Tag: Jeff Hasen
Total Results: 119Displaying: 1 - 10
- 5 ways that bricks-and-mortar retailers can cater to mobile-savvy shoppers
- Published: November 19, 2015
- By Jeff Hasen
The make-or-break holiday shopping season is upon us, spurring retailers to determine where they want to speak to would-be customers, how often and with what messages.
- Dewar’s matures mobile strategy with virtual reality tour
- Published: October 14, 2015
- Bacardi Limited’s Dewar’s Scotch brand is bolstering its mobile marketing efforts by introducing a 360-degree virtual reality experience on a mobile-optimized microsite, enabling fans to take a guided tour through the Scottish highlands and immersing them in how the whiskey is made.
- Stock market’s volatility threatens mobile hiring if it continues
- Published: September 8, 2015
- While the stock market’s recent volatility has depreciated the value of several digital conglomerates, other technology companies should not let this prevent them from hiring for mobile-related positions as these bumps are likely to have only a short-term effect, unless the uncertainty continues.
- 5 words to describe courageous mobile marketers
- Published: August 24, 2015
- By Jeff Hasen
If inattentive, impulsive, selfish, timid and illogical are words to describe ineffective mobile marketers, surely there are others to tag on courageous and successful professionals?
- Mastering the art of mobile persuasion
- Published: July 10, 2015
- By Jeff Hasen
How does the ever-increasing “self-sufficient” mobile shopper force us to re-shape our definition of differentiated customer service? What is the role of today’s marketer? Are we replaceable by mechanized data parses and auto-targeting?
- SeatGeek channels 50pc of spend into mobile to reach millennials
- Published: July 8, 2015
- Sports and concert tickets platform SeatGeek is spending approximately 50 percent of its advertising spend on mobile, proving that booking excursions on personal devices continues to gain traction among millennials.
- A-Max Auto aims to fuel Texas emissions reduction via mobile
- Published: July 6, 2015
- A-Max Auto Insurance and the Texas Department of Transportation are teaming up to leverage a mobile Web application to show drivers how reducing vehicle emissions can save gas money.
- GEICO seeks to boost response time on mobile with Quick Messaging
- Published: June 2, 2015
- GEICO’s rollout of Quick Messaging, a text-based, in-app messaging function that allows mobile users to speak directly with GEICO in real-time from their smartphones or tablets, points to mobile’s ability to deliver important information in consumers’ moments of need, a mainstay of the crisis-driven insurance vertical.
- NCAA tracks Final Four sponsor mentions on social to gauge ROI
- Published: June 1, 2015
- The NCAA’s tracking of sponsor mentions and visibility in fan social media photos and videos to ensure tournament sponsors' return on investment during the March Madness college basketball tournament points to a new use for social while underscoring the value of paying close attention to consumers.
- One in four app users discovers an app through search: Google
- Published: May 8, 2015
- A Google study has found that mobile search is a growing method for app discovery, suggesting app downloads will increase as mobile search surges.