Tag: Kaspersky Lab
Total Results: 6
- Android is target of 94pc of mobile malware threats – up from 65pc
- Published: March 4, 2013
- By late 2012, the number of mobile threats targeting the Android platform accounted for 94 percent, up from 65 percent a year ago, according to a new report from Kaspersky Labs.
- Top mobile security threats for 2013
- Published: January 3, 2013
- Mobile’s growing popularity with consumers and marketers is matched by an increase in the number of cyber attacks on smartphones. This means that security is likely to take on greater importance in 2013 compared to last year.
- Android’s growing malware problem has implications for users, marketers
- Published: November 7, 2012
- Despite steps taken by Google earlier this year to address the growing problem of malware on Android devices, the rapid growth in the number of new mobile malicious programs on the platform continued in the third quarter, according to a new report from Kaspersky Labs.
- Is Google doing enough to address Android security issues?
- Published: February 6, 2012
- Google is attempting to address the reportedly growing problem of malware on Android with a newly announced service called Bouncer that automatically scans Android for malware. However, the step – while one that Google needed to take – may not be enough to deal with the problem.
- Twitter must balance security, usability in Whisper Systems buy
- Published: November 30, 2011
- Twitter has acquired mobile security firm Whisper Systems, which provides security and management solutions that enable consumer phones and tablets to work as enterprise devices.
- Malicious QR code campaigns threaten legitimate marketers
- Published: October 24, 2011
- The growing popularity of QR codes among consumers and marketers has caught the attention of cybercriminals, with several malicious campaigns having popped up recently.