Total Results: 298Displaying: 11 - 20
- Evolving CMO role is challenge with mobile, claims Microsoft exec
- Published: November 7, 2013
- NEW YORK – A Microsoft executive at the ad:tech New York 2013 conference said that the explosion of mobile devices in the past few years means that as consumers are constantly plugged in, they are also increasingly frustrated by devices that are not contextually-relevant.
- ESPN exec: Combine single-source, integrated data for better relevancy
- Published: October 24, 2013
- NEW YORK – An ESPN executive at the Media Tech Summit 2013 conference said that the media company is working on blending multiple different data collection strategies to get a holistic view of its multiscreen audience.
- Andrew Hsu: Invention of touch and what’s next
- Published: October 23, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
Microsoft’s Bill Gates stood on the stage at the now-defunct Comdex show in Las Vegas in 2000 with his schoolboy smile, touting the new “tablet PC.” Penned on the tablet in Mr. Gates’ handwriting was “Tablet PC is SUPER COOL!” Behind the stage, a backlit sign read, “Experience the evolution.”
- Repercussions for marketers as mobile ecosystem evolves into duopoly
- Published: September 24, 2013
- With BlackBerry being taken private and effectively exiting the consumer sector, it increasingly looks like the goal of having a competitive third mobile ecosystem after Android and iOS may be a pipe dream.
- Microsoft pins smartphone hopes on risky move: vertical integration
- Published: September 4, 2013
- While Microsoft’s decision to purchase Nokia is a ringing endorsement of the kind of vertical integration embraced by Apple, there are also enough casualties of the strategy to suggest that getting it right will be a significant challenge for the software giant.
- Must CEOs be of the digital generation to understand mobile?
- Published: August 28, 2013
- Call it the mobile generation gap. As mobile disrupts how consumers interact with one another and businesses at a faster pace than previous transformative technologies, one question this raises is how important is mobile know-how for a company’s leader?
- Scanbuy significantly consolidates mobile bar codes via Microsoft Tag acquisition
- Published: August 19, 2013
- Scanbuy announced today that it has acquired Microsoft Tag and will take over the company’s bar code technology.
- No more money, openness or innovation in mobile?
- Published: June 25, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
There are only a few powers that are trying to lock the mobile ecosystem: Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Du. And while Apple and carriers are unabashedly closed fiefs, Google’s Android may not be truly open.
- Microsoft takes stab at Apple via new tablet advertising campaign
- Published: May 29, 2013
- Microsoft is taking on Apple’s iPad in two new video spots that highlight the unique features of its Asus VivoTab Smart tablet that runs on the Windows 8 operating system.
- Office for mobile is key to Microsoft’s future. Anyone home?
- Published: May 17, 2013
- While cofounder Bill Gates stepped away from the CEO’s job in 2000, handing over the day-to-day running to lieutenant Steve Ballmer, he cannot be blind to the obvious: his legacy is about to be undone. Unless Microsoft gets its product and customer focus right, it will wither on the vine.