Total Results: 316Displaying: 31 - 40
- Andrew Hsu: Invention of touch and what’s next
- Published: October 23, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
Microsoft’s Bill Gates stood on the stage at the now-defunct Comdex show in Las Vegas in 2000 with his schoolboy smile, touting the new “tablet PC.” Penned on the tablet in Mr. Gates’ handwriting was “Tablet PC is SUPER COOL!” Behind the stage, a backlit sign read, “Experience the evolution.”
- Repercussions for marketers as mobile ecosystem evolves into duopoly
- Published: September 24, 2013
- With BlackBerry being taken private and effectively exiting the consumer sector, it increasingly looks like the goal of having a competitive third mobile ecosystem after Android and iOS may be a pipe dream.
- Microsoft pins smartphone hopes on risky move: vertical integration
- Published: September 4, 2013
- While Microsoft’s decision to purchase Nokia is a ringing endorsement of the kind of vertical integration embraced by Apple, there are also enough casualties of the strategy to suggest that getting it right will be a significant challenge for the software giant.
- Must CEOs be of the digital generation to understand mobile?
- Published: August 28, 2013
- Call it the mobile generation gap. As mobile disrupts how consumers interact with one another and businesses at a faster pace than previous transformative technologies, one question this raises is how important is mobile know-how for a company’s leader?
- Scanbuy significantly consolidates mobile bar codes via Microsoft Tag acquisition
- Published: August 19, 2013
- Scanbuy announced today that it has acquired Microsoft Tag and will take over the company’s bar code technology.
- No more money, openness or innovation in mobile?
- Published: June 25, 2013
- By Gary Schwartz
There are only a few powers that are trying to lock the mobile ecosystem: Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Du. And while Apple and carriers are unabashedly closed fiefs, Google’s Android may not be truly open.
- Microsoft takes stab at Apple via new tablet advertising campaign
- Published: May 29, 2013
- Microsoft is taking on Apple’s iPad in two new video spots that highlight the unique features of its Asus VivoTab Smart tablet that runs on the Windows 8 operating system.
- Office for mobile is key to Microsoft’s future. Anyone home?
- Published: May 17, 2013
- While cofounder Bill Gates stepped away from the CEO’s job in 2000, handing over the day-to-day running to lieutenant Steve Ballmer, he cannot be blind to the obvious: his legacy is about to be undone. Unless Microsoft gets its product and customer focus right, it will wither on the vine.
- Microsoft wants Nook to drive its mobile strategy, but faces considerable challenges
- Published: May 10, 2013
- Microsoft is reportedly offering to pony up $1 billion for the digital assets of Nook Media, including its ebooks, ereaders and tablets offerings, as the software giant looks to ramp up its mobile strategy.
- Microsoft exec: Focus on quality apps
- Published: April 23, 2013
- CHICAGO - A Microsoft executive at the Results 2013: Mobile Marketing Day last week acknowledged that the company is an underdog in the space. However, scale and quality will help Microsoft build out its application ecosystem.