Total Results: 69Displaying: 61 - 69
- Opera Mobile 9.5 beta debuts with widgets
- Published: October 27, 2008
- The latest public release of Opera Software's full browser for mobile phones, Opera Mobile 9.5 beta with Opera Widgets, is now available.
- Carriers must develop new business model: Sprint exec
- Published: October 23, 2008
- BOSTON -- Carriers must adjust their business model and embrace openness to encourage innovation in order to fuel the Internet-enabled mobility revolution, according to a Sprint executive.
- GSMA pushes for renewable energy for mobile networks
- Published: September 22, 2008
- The Global System for Mobile communications Association has launched the Green Power for Mobile program.
- McGraw-Hill brings Zollinger's Atlas of Surgical Operations to iPhone
- Published: September 16, 2008
- McGraw-Hill Professional, a provider of information resources for the scientific and medical communities, has gone mobile with its Zollinger's Atlas of Surgical Operations.
- Sprint Nextel faces many challenges: JupiterResearch analyst
- Published: August 11, 2008
- Sprint Nextel withdrew its offer to sell $3 billion of its stock because it wasn't getting "attractive" terms due to the "unfavorable market." That is but one of the wireless carrier's many challenges on several fronts.
- OECD official releases paper on mobile commerce
- Published: May 9, 2008
- By Peter Avery
OECD official Peter Avery this week released a paper on mobile commerce with regulations, examples and dispute resolutions that member countries follow. The paper is reproduced in full.
- Mobile Web browser to reach 1.5B units by 2013: Study
- Published: April 14, 2008
- A new study claims that mobile Web browsers, including the open-Internet variety, will grow exponentially to 1.5 billion units by 2013.
- Mozilla plans free mobile browser
- Published: March 3, 2008
- Mozilla will soon introduce a free Mobile Firefox browser, pitting it against Apple Inc.'s Safari, Opera Software and Nokia in addition to proprietary wireless carrier applications.
- Greystripe partnership with Opera nets 1.6M downloads
- Published: January 17, 2008
- Consumers are said to have downloaded 1.6 million games and applications in the two months since Greystripe partnered with Opera to bring free content to mobile phones using Greystripe's AdWrap Catalog Platform.