Tag: Paul Verna
Total Results: 5
- Microsoft wants Nook to drive its mobile strategy, but faces considerable challenges
- Published: May 10, 2013
- Microsoft is reportedly offering to pony up $1 billion for the digital assets of Nook Media, including its ebooks, ereaders and tablets offerings, as the software giant looks to ramp up its mobile strategy.
- Why is Nook faltering and Kindle going gangbusters?
- Published: February 19, 2013
- While Amazonís Kindle business continues to heat up, it looks like Barnes & Nobleís Nook strategy may be fizzling out.
- Barnes & Nobleís success with Nook HD tablets rides on video streaming service
- Published: September 28, 2012
- While Barnes & Nobleís two new Nook HD tablets offer some nice features, the retailer is going up against some significant competition in the space, with its success riding more on how well it can build a digital content business than on the devices themselves.
- Barnes & Noble, Microsoft partnership a good move, but is it enough?
- Published: May 1, 2012
- Barnes & Noble Inc. and Microsoft are teaming up to strengthen their relative positions in the ereader and tablet markets, but the move does not automatically rewrite a competitive landscape that is dominated by Apple, Google and Amazon.
- Apple dives deeper into textbooks with iBooks 2 initiative
- Published: January 23, 2012
- Apple unveiled a new initiative to significantly expand its presence in the textbook market, using its quickly growing iPad as the central focus.