Tag: Polar Mobile
Total Results: 42Displaying: 1 - 10
- Canadian publishers eye Windows 8 to bolster reader engagement
- Published: April 5, 2013
- Ten Canadian publishers including The Toronto Star and Elle Canada have rolled out Windows 8 applications to interact with readers via their smartphones and tablets.
- Toronto Star rolls out mobile site to streamline reading experience
- Published: February 4, 2013
- Canadian newspaper The Toronto Star has launched a mobile site to let consumers stay on top of daily news.
- Curation keeps mobile users engaged: Polar Mobile exec
- Published: January 17, 2013
- NEW YORK – A Polar Mobile executive at Luxury Daily’s Luxury FirstLook: Strategy 2013 conference said that publishers need to focus on curation versus creation in order to drive traffic and keep mobile users engaged.
- Talksport reaches 12M monthly page views as result of app revamp
- Published: October 9, 2012
- Sports radio station talksport is bringing in 12 million monthly page views to its application, which is an increase from one million monthly page views six months ago.
- When mobile leads your business instead of lagging behind
- Published: September 24, 2012
- By Marlon Rodrigues
At least 20 percent of the digital traffic is mobile, and some brands are seeing even higher proportions of mobile traffic today.
- App sponsorships growing on strong results for brands
- Published: July 30, 2012
- Sponsoring a mobile application offers brands a more integrated presence than in-app ads, with sponsorships often translating to stronger results. More marketers are eyeing app sponsorships as key part of their mobile marketing strategy, a trend that is likely to continue to grow as consumers increase their use of apps.
- Facebook needs to compete with itself to monetize mobile
- Published: July 30, 2012
Facebook’s audience from mobile will likely be 70 percent of its total active user base in one year from now as smartphone penetration is accelerating.
- Industry advice to new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer: Go with mobile-first
- Published: July 18, 2012
- New Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer faces a tough challenge in trying to turn around the digital company’s fortunes and is likely to focus on building a stronger mobile presence as one way to accomplish this goal. She has not much choice – or time.
- How push notifications add longevity to an app
- Published: June 7, 2012
- Applications play a valuable role for marketers aiming to get prime real estate on a consumer’s mobile device, but getting users to come back to an app is always a challenge. Push notifications change that.
- 45pc of smartphone owners get most of their news via their device: Pew
- Published: March 20, 2012
- Smartphone owners are nearly split between laptops and smartphones as their primary news device, according to new research from the Pew Research Center.