Tag: Push notifications
Total Results: 18Displaying: 1 - 10
- How does push compare to email?
- Published: August 22, 2014
- By Adam Marchick
Here are some important distinctions between email and push to ensure that you are providing the most useful, relevant content to them across both channels.
- Information overload: The psychology of being connected 24/7
- Published: August 6, 2014
- By Adam Marchick
When everyone has access to constant streams of status updates, news reports, memes and videos, do our brains change the way we filter information? How receptive are we throughout the day? When do we suffer from disinterest or fatigue?
- Location-based, relevant push notifications will reign this holiday season
- Published: July 17, 2014
- Push notifications can either be incredibly helpful or terribly annoying for shoppers, but emerging best-practices from the still relatively new messaging strategy suggest location and relevancy will help some notifications stand above the rest during the upcoming holiday season.
- Message Systems exec: Message fatigue is a growing problem triggered by mobile
- Published: April 25, 2014
- A Message Systems executive speaking during a Mobile Marketer webinar yesterday said that message fatigue is a growing problem as marketers increasingly bombard consumers with the same message across multiple channels.
- Oscar Mayer taps iBeacons, geo-targeting to boost shopper marketing
- Published: April 8, 2014
- Mobile is giving the shopper marketing program for Kraft Foods’ Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh brand a boost via geo-targeting, in-store ads and iBeacon-delivered mobile alerts as part of a campaign to support several new Deli Fresh flavors.
- Google ordered to pay $85M in patent suit about push notifications
- Published: March 24, 2014
- A jury wants Google to pay $85 million in damages to SimpleAir in an ongoing case that points to the increasingly important role of push notifications for mobile.
- How Facebook, Spotify and CNN are getting push messaging wrong: report
- Published: October 9, 2013
- With the continued popularity of mobile applications, marketers are increasingly leveraging in-app push notifications to drive user engagement. However, many marketers still make basic mistakes when it comes to push messaging and risk important customer relationships, according to new research.
- IBM’s Xtify deal lays groundwork for bigger omnichannel platform play
- Published: October 4, 2013
- IBM’s Xtify acquisition sets the stage for a broader platform addressing mobile engagements along the entire path to purchase and potentially threatens the relevancy of standalone push notification providers.
- Marketers favor in-app messages over push notifications for contextual content
- Published: August 19, 2013
- Push notifications and in-app messaging go hand-in-hand together, but it seems some marketers are relying more heavily on in-app messages these days to tackle some of the limitations from push notifications.
- Amazon’s push notification service needs more than low-ball pricing
- Published: August 15, 2013
- Amazon said this week that it is adding push notifications to its Web services for developers, reflecting the significant growth in the mobile application market and related services.