Tag: QR codes
Total Results: 148Displaying: 1 - 10
- Beverage brands boost QR codes with social media and incentives
- Published: May 16, 2014
- Beverage brands such as C. Mondavi & Family, Butcher’s Brewing and a leading whiskey brand are boosting their on-pack QR codes with customized content, incentives, social media integrations and ecommerce.
- QR codes may not be the best choice for anti-piracy
- Published: October 15, 2013
- A number of brands including Pernod Ricard have looked to QR codes to fight counterfeit threats, but while mobile bar codes are a good start, they may not be the best technology for the job.
- Mellow Mushroom campaign rakes in 84pc of registrations via SMS
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Pizza chain Mellow Mushroom has launched a campaign that includes QR codes and SMS to spur registrations for a sweepstakes, with the initial results pointing to mobile as a primary way that consumers choose to sign up.
- QSRs' appetite for QR codes shows no signs of waning
- Published: July 29, 2013
- Even though the newer-technology augmented reality is also up-and-coming, quick-service restaurants such as McDonald’s, Taco Bell and Wendy’s are sticking with mobile bar codes to add shelf life to their packaging.
- Red Bull elevates mobile strategy with retail promotion using SMS, QR codes, gaming
- Published: July 23, 2013
- Red Bull’s mobile strategy flies to new heights with an on-pack promotion that leverages SMS, QR codes and a mobile game to drive entries for a homemade flying machine competition.
- Bermuda Department of Tourism packages deals via QR codes
- Published: July 23, 2013
- The Bermuda Department of Tourism is placing QR codes on its print ads to give users more information about the island and drive tourism.
- Danone links QR codes with loyalty program to drive savings
- Published: July 10, 2013
- Danone yogurt is linking QR codes with its loyalty program in Spain, enabling customers to scan the 2D bar code appearing on its products with their smartphones as a way to earn points.
- All bar code readers are not created equal
- Published: June 5, 2013
- By Laura Marriott
What most QR readers are missing is consumer preference to simply read the code quickly, reliably and effortlessly each and every time.
- Sherwin-Williams flaunts color-matching app via print ad
- Published: June 3, 2013
- Paint brand Sherwin-Williams Co. is educating consumers about its popular color-matching mobile application through a magazine advertisement.
- 7 deadly sins as applied to QR codes
- Published: May 20, 2013
- By Ritesh Bhavnani
QR codes have been mocked, debased, abused and downright hated, oftentimes with good reason.