Tag: QR codes
Total Results: 147Displaying: 1 - 10
- QR codes may not be the best choice for anti-piracy
- Published: October 15, 2013
- A number of brands including Pernod Ricard have looked to QR codes to fight counterfeit threats, but while mobile bar codes are a good start, they may not be the best technology for the job.
- Mellow Mushroom campaign rakes in 84pc of registrations via SMS
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Pizza chain Mellow Mushroom has launched a campaign that includes QR codes and SMS to spur registrations for a sweepstakes, with the initial results pointing to mobile as a primary way that consumers choose to sign up.
- QSRs' appetite for QR codes shows no signs of waning
- Published: July 29, 2013
- Even though the newer-technology augmented reality is also up-and-coming, quick-service restaurants such as McDonald’s, Taco Bell and Wendy’s are sticking with mobile bar codes to add shelf life to their packaging.
- Red Bull elevates mobile strategy with retail promotion using SMS, QR codes, gaming
- Published: July 23, 2013
- Red Bull’s mobile strategy flies to new heights with an on-pack promotion that leverages SMS, QR codes and a mobile game to drive entries for a homemade flying machine competition.
- Bermuda Department of Tourism packages deals via QR codes
- Published: July 23, 2013
- The Bermuda Department of Tourism is placing QR codes on its print ads to give users more information about the island and drive tourism.
- Danone links QR codes with loyalty program to drive savings
- Published: July 10, 2013
- Danone yogurt is linking QR codes with its loyalty program in Spain, enabling customers to scan the 2D bar code appearing on its products with their smartphones as a way to earn points.
- All bar code readers are not created equal
- Published: June 5, 2013
- By Laura Marriott
What most QR readers are missing is consumer preference to simply read the code quickly, reliably and effortlessly each and every time.
- Sherwin-Williams flaunts color-matching app via print ad
- Published: June 3, 2013
- Paint brand Sherwin-Williams Co. is educating consumers about its popular color-matching mobile application through a magazine advertisement.
- 7 deadly sins as applied to QR codes
- Published: May 20, 2013
- By Ritesh Bhavnani
QR codes have been mocked, debased, abused and downright hated, oftentimes with good reason.
- Taxi network leverages NFC, QR codes to make video brand engagements interactive
- Published: May 15, 2013
- Taxi riders in New York, San Francisco and other cities will soon be able to use their smartphones to engage with brand content appearing on video screens inside the cabs using either NFC or QR code technology.