Tag: Research In Motion
Total Results: 156Displaying: 1 - 10
- BlackBerry Z10 offers a positive note in RIM’s Q4 results
- Published: March 29, 2013
- Following a stretch of disappointing quarters, Research In Motion has some good news, including a profit of $98 million in the fourth-quarter, as well as that it shipped one million units of its new Z10 smartphone.
- BlackBerry's biggest challenge is building a brand that resonates
- Published: March 26, 2013
- One of the biggest challenges that BlackBerry faces with its new BlackBerry 10 devices is building a brand that resonates with consumers and enterprises at a time when both Apple and Samsung have already won the hearts and wallets of users.
- Can BlackBerry beat Windows Phone to become the third mobile OS?
- Published: January 30, 2013
- After several years of declining market share, Research In Motion has a lot riding on today’s introduction of its newest mobile operating system – BlackBerry 10 – and the first phones built on the platform.
- BlackBerry vows to keep corporate data safe for iOS, Android devices
- Published: October 11, 2012
- SAN DIEGO – A Research In Motion executive at the MobileCon conference said the company will focus on providing secure mobile computing to companies, while supporting iOS and Android devices.
- How a narrow marketing focus undid BlackBerry’s consumer appeal
- Published: July 19, 2012
BlackBerry may have been sold to the world as the first mobile messaging device that could link to business email servers. But that distinction is now meaningless as Android and iPhone dominate.
- Can BlackBerry exploit its own distinctive market for mobile ad inventory?
- Published: July 12, 2012
Exploring a potential way back to dominance for the BlackBerry through increased digital advertising revenues.
- Should BlackBerry maker RIM exit the hardware business?
- Published: July 2, 2012
- Research In Motion’s problems are multiplying and the only way out may be for the company to exit the hardware business and focus on licensing its software, according to one analyst.
- The casualties of mobile: What it takes to survive in the new mobile era
- Published: June 25, 2012
- Mobile is growing in leaps and bounds, driving significant growth for some companies even as others are struggling. While the ongoing poor economy may be partially to blame, it is also apparent that failing to grasp and adequately respond to mobile is also to blame.
- Jim Balsillie resigns from RIM’s board as Q4 results disappoint
- Published: March 30, 2012
- Given Research In Motion’s waning smartphone sales over the past couple of years, expectations were not high for the company’s fiscal fourth quarter results announced yesterday.
- RIM acquires Paratek to help refresh BlackBerry
- Published: March 12, 2012
- Research In Motion has acquired Paratek Microwave Inc. as it continues to try to differentiate BlackBerry handsets in ways that are meaningful to consumers.