Total Results: 633Displaying: 1 - 10
- Premium SMS flameout opens door to improved opt-in rates
- Published: November 25, 2013
- With AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon all dropping most premium SMS billing, this could open the door to higher opt-in rates for mobile programs and the loosening of regulation around these programs.
- Reinventing SMS for the holidays
- Published: November 25, 2013
- By Lauren DeLisa Coleman
It is that time again. The Christmas decorations and candy are already out in the chain pharmacy stores, and it will not be long before the traditional holiday music starts playing.
- SMS must evolve or risk disappearing completely: report
- Published: November 13, 2013
- Revenue from SMS messaging at wireless carriers will decline by $23 billion over the next five years as over-the-top messaging applications such as WhatsApp continue to gain in popularity, according to a new report from Informa Telecoms & Media.
- TCPA petition filed with FCC to support mobile messaging
- Published: November 5, 2013
- By Jack Philbin
The uncertainty over the FCC's TCPA rules on SMS/MMS has caused much angst in the industry, and the potential misinterpretation is leaving marketers feeling vulnerable to lawsuits. Therefore, we have decided to take action.
- A lawyer’s take on the TCPA amendments for calling and texting
- Published: October 25, 2013
- By William Heberer
The mere fact that a mobile phone number appears in your database does not necessarily mean that you have a blanket authorization to include that number in your telemarketing and advertising initiatives.
- Trusting instincts for consumer demand over so-called best practices
- Published: October 21, 2013
- By Melinda Krueger
Marketers have been spoiled by abundant case studies and data, which mature media such as email and Web marketing deliver.
- What your service provider is not telling you about new TCPA rules for SMS/MMS marketing
- Published: October 17, 2013
- By Michael Ahearn
Many "Armageddon dates" have come and gone. Millennial computer clocks. Mayan calendars. Oct. 16, 2013. Without an action plan, this date could become Judgment Day for your existing SMS/MMS programs and opt-in databases.
- Panic not necessary for compliant SMS messaging programs
- Published: October 11, 2013
- By Tim Miller
There is a small minority of marketers that is interpreting the new TCPA rules to imply that everyone must start over and re-opt-in everyone in their database, essentially wiping out years of investment in MMA- and CTIA-compliant, consumer-centric, best-practice marketing.
- Many marketers unprepared as deadline looms for new SMS guidelines
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Marketers who do not have prior written consent from consumers to send them marketing messages via SMS will potentially face fines of up to $1,500 per unsolicited message starting Oct. 16 under new guidelines.
- Coca-Cola enlists mobile Web, SMS for American Music Awards promotion
- Published: September 23, 2013
- Coca-Cola once again shows its leadership in leveraging mobile to build excitement around a live event sponsorship with a promotion for the upcoming American Music Awards that spans the mobile Web and SMS.