Total Results: 641Displaying: 11 - 20
- SMS must evolve or risk disappearing completely: report
- Published: November 13, 2013
- Revenue from SMS messaging at wireless carriers will decline by $23 billion over the next five years as over-the-top messaging applications such as WhatsApp continue to gain in popularity, according to a new report from Informa Telecoms & Media.
- TCPA petition filed with FCC to support mobile messaging
- Published: November 5, 2013
- By Jack Philbin
The uncertainty over the FCC's TCPA rules on SMS/MMS has caused much angst in the industry, and the potential misinterpretation is leaving marketers feeling vulnerable to lawsuits. Therefore, we have decided to take action.
- A lawyer’s take on the TCPA amendments for calling and texting
- Published: October 25, 2013
- By William Heberer
The mere fact that a mobile phone number appears in your database does not necessarily mean that you have a blanket authorization to include that number in your telemarketing and advertising initiatives.
- Trusting instincts for consumer demand over so-called best practices
- Published: October 21, 2013
- By Melinda Krueger
Marketers have been spoiled by abundant case studies and data, which mature media such as email and Web marketing deliver.
- What your service provider is not telling you about new TCPA rules for SMS/MMS marketing
- Published: October 17, 2013
- By Michael Ahearn
Many "Armageddon dates" have come and gone. Millennial computer clocks. Mayan calendars. Oct. 16, 2013. Without an action plan, this date could become Judgment Day for your existing SMS/MMS programs and opt-in databases.
- Panic not necessary for compliant SMS messaging programs
- Published: October 11, 2013
- By Tim Miller
There is a small minority of marketers that is interpreting the new TCPA rules to imply that everyone must start over and re-opt-in everyone in their database, essentially wiping out years of investment in MMA- and CTIA-compliant, consumer-centric, best-practice marketing.
- Many marketers unprepared as deadline looms for new SMS guidelines
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Marketers who do not have prior written consent from consumers to send them marketing messages via SMS will potentially face fines of up to $1,500 per unsolicited message starting Oct. 16 under new guidelines.
- Coca-Cola enlists mobile Web, SMS for American Music Awards promotion
- Published: September 23, 2013
- Coca-Cola once again shows its leadership in leveraging mobile to build excitement around a live event sponsorship with a promotion for the upcoming American Music Awards that spans the mobile Web and SMS.
- Boston public schools leverage SMS to combat bullying
- Published: September 9, 2013
- Public schools in Boston have launched a two-way texting service that seeks to prevent bullying by giving students a confidential way to communicate with school officials.
- Ad Council boosts chronic absenteeism campaign with SMS tracker
- Published: September 3, 2013
- The Ad Council and United States Army have teamed up for a new public service campaign that leverages SMS to help parents chart the impact of their children’s school absences on academic success.