Total Results: 647Displaying: 21 - 30
- What your service provider is not telling you about new TCPA rules for SMS/MMS marketing
- Published: October 17, 2013
- By Michael Ahearn
Many "Armageddon dates" have come and gone. Millennial computer clocks. Mayan calendars. Oct. 16, 2013. Without an action plan, this date could become Judgment Day for your existing SMS/MMS programs and opt-in databases.
- Panic not necessary for compliant SMS messaging programs
- Published: October 11, 2013
- By Tim Miller
There is a small minority of marketers that is interpreting the new TCPA rules to imply that everyone must start over and re-opt-in everyone in their database, essentially wiping out years of investment in MMA- and CTIA-compliant, consumer-centric, best-practice marketing.
- Many marketers unprepared as deadline looms for new SMS guidelines
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Marketers who do not have prior written consent from consumers to send them marketing messages via SMS will potentially face fines of up to $1,500 per unsolicited message starting Oct. 16 under new guidelines.
- Coca-Cola enlists mobile Web, SMS for American Music Awards promotion
- Published: September 23, 2013
- Coca-Cola once again shows its leadership in leveraging mobile to build excitement around a live event sponsorship with a promotion for the upcoming American Music Awards that spans the mobile Web and SMS.
- Boston public schools leverage SMS to combat bullying
- Published: September 9, 2013
- Public schools in Boston have launched a two-way texting service that seeks to prevent bullying by giving students a confidential way to communicate with school officials.
- Ad Council boosts chronic absenteeism campaign with SMS tracker
- Published: September 3, 2013
- The Ad Council and United States Army have teamed up for a new public service campaign that leverages SMS to help parents chart the impact of their childrenís school absences on academic success.
- Is texting going extinct?
- Published: August 27, 2013
- By Tom Cotney
What do VCRs, CD players and rotary phones have in common? They are technologies that have all but gone extinct.
- Mellow Mushroom campaign rakes in 84pc of registrations via SMS
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Pizza chain Mellow Mushroom has launched a campaign that includes QR codes and SMS to spur registrations for a sweepstakes, with the initial results pointing to mobile as a primary way that consumers choose to sign up.
- SMS marketing to get a boost from dismissal of pivotal law suit
- Published: August 19, 2013
- In a potential game-changer for the use of SMS by brands, a judge has dismissed several suits alleging patent infringement by The New York Times, JCPenney and others because of their use of hyperlinks in text messages.
- Whatís working in mobile this summer
- Published: August 12, 2013
- By Jeff Hasen
Mobile is advancing, much like summer. But we still have a ways to go to deliver on all of the mediumís promise.