Total Results: 666Displaying: 41 - 50
- Panic not necessary for compliant SMS messaging programs
- Published: October 11, 2013
- By Tim Miller
There is a small minority of marketers that is interpreting the new TCPA rules to imply that everyone must start over and re-opt-in everyone in their database, essentially wiping out years of investment in MMA- and CTIA-compliant, consumer-centric, best-practice marketing.
- Many marketers unprepared as deadline looms for new SMS guidelines
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Marketers who do not have prior written consent from consumers to send them marketing messages via SMS will potentially face fines of up to $1,500 per unsolicited message starting Oct. 16 under new guidelines.
- Coca-Cola enlists mobile Web, SMS for American Music Awards promotion
- Published: September 23, 2013
- Coca-Cola once again shows its leadership in leveraging mobile to build excitement around a live event sponsorship with a promotion for the upcoming American Music Awards that spans the mobile Web and SMS.
- Boston public schools leverage SMS to combat bullying
- Published: September 9, 2013
- Public schools in Boston have launched a two-way texting service that seeks to prevent bullying by giving students a confidential way to communicate with school officials.
- Ad Council boosts chronic absenteeism campaign with SMS tracker
- Published: September 3, 2013
- The Ad Council and United States Army have teamed up for a new public service campaign that leverages SMS to help parents chart the impact of their childrenís school absences on academic success.
- Is texting going extinct?
- Published: August 27, 2013
- By Tom Cotney
What do VCRs, CD players and rotary phones have in common? They are technologies that have all but gone extinct.
- Mellow Mushroom campaign rakes in 84pc of registrations via SMS
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Pizza chain Mellow Mushroom has launched a campaign that includes QR codes and SMS to spur registrations for a sweepstakes, with the initial results pointing to mobile as a primary way that consumers choose to sign up.
- SMS marketing to get a boost from dismissal of pivotal law suit
- Published: August 19, 2013
- In a potential game-changer for the use of SMS by brands, a judge has dismissed several suits alleging patent infringement by The New York Times, JCPenney and others because of their use of hyperlinks in text messages.
- Whatís working in mobile this summer
- Published: August 12, 2013
- By Jeff Hasen
Mobile is advancing, much like summer. But we still have a ways to go to deliver on all of the mediumís promise.
- Syniverse exec: Preventing spam creates safe space for marketers
- Published: August 8, 2013
- As the mobile messaging ecosystem is experiencing a growth in spam SMS and MMS, giving marketers a space that is regulated and secure will be key in helping brands maintain a legitimate connection with consumers.