Total Results: 675Displaying: 51 - 60
- Many marketers unprepared as deadline looms for new SMS guidelines
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Marketers who do not have prior written consent from consumers to send them marketing messages via SMS will potentially face fines of up to $1,500 per unsolicited message starting Oct. 16 under new guidelines.
- Coca-Cola enlists mobile Web, SMS for American Music Awards promotion
- Published: September 23, 2013
- Coca-Cola once again shows its leadership in leveraging mobile to build excitement around a live event sponsorship with a promotion for the upcoming American Music Awards that spans the mobile Web and SMS.
- Boston public schools leverage SMS to combat bullying
- Published: September 9, 2013
- Public schools in Boston have launched a two-way texting service that seeks to prevent bullying by giving students a confidential way to communicate with school officials.
- Ad Council boosts chronic absenteeism campaign with SMS tracker
- Published: September 3, 2013
- The Ad Council and United States Army have teamed up for a new public service campaign that leverages SMS to help parents chart the impact of their children’s school absences on academic success.
- Is texting going extinct?
- Published: August 27, 2013
- By Tom Cotney
What do VCRs, CD players and rotary phones have in common? They are technologies that have all but gone extinct.
- Mellow Mushroom campaign rakes in 84pc of registrations via SMS
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Pizza chain Mellow Mushroom has launched a campaign that includes QR codes and SMS to spur registrations for a sweepstakes, with the initial results pointing to mobile as a primary way that consumers choose to sign up.
- SMS marketing to get a boost from dismissal of pivotal law suit
- Published: August 19, 2013
- In a potential game-changer for the use of SMS by brands, a judge has dismissed several suits alleging patent infringement by The New York Times, JCPenney and others because of their use of hyperlinks in text messages.
- What’s working in mobile this summer
- Published: August 12, 2013
- By Jeff Hasen
Mobile is advancing, much like summer. But we still have a ways to go to deliver on all of the medium’s promise.
- Syniverse exec: Preventing spam creates safe space for marketers
- Published: August 8, 2013
- As the mobile messaging ecosystem is experiencing a growth in spam SMS and MMS, giving marketers a space that is regulated and secure will be key in helping brands maintain a legitimate connection with consumers.
- Battle for advertising consistency in digital era
- Published: July 30, 2013
- By Isaac Naor
Mobile and social media marketing both tried to solve the open rate problem, but they have faced hurdles that limit their effectiveness at achieving open rates that are greater than 30 percent to 50 percent.