Tag: Skyhook Wireless
Total Results: 8
- 3 misconceptions about location-based services
- Published: December 22, 2016
- By David Bairstow
Even though 83 percent of application users say location is crucial to their app experiences, it is astounding that more than half of location-dependent app users have not turned their location services on – even for things as basic as weather and navigation apps.
- Mass-produced apps comprise one-third of App Store: Study
- Published: July 16, 2009
- A new report from Skyhook Wireless shows that mass-produced applications are making up one-third of the Apple App Store's volume.
- Dell adds GPS, WiFi positioning to Mini 10 netbook
- Published: July 6, 2009
- Dell is investing in location-based services, adding GPS and WiFi positioning to its Mini 10 netbooks in the first step in its mobile strategy that may include a smartphone.
- BlackBerry LBS apps 4X pricier than iPhone, Android
- Published: May 21, 2009
- A recent Skyhook Wireless report comparing RIM's BlackBerry App World, Apple's App Store and Google's Android Marketplace found a great disparity in cost of applications.
- Opera taps Skyhook Wireless to bring geolocation to mobile Web
- Published: March 30, 2009
- Opera Software and Skyhook Wireless have partnered to bring geolocation to the wired and mobile Web.
- Skyhook wins new clients for geo-targeting service
- Published: May 14, 2008
- Skyhook Wireless announced new partners that will use its Loki service to deliver hyper-local content and services.
- Quattro strikes deal with Skyhook Wireless for location-based ads
- Published: May 2, 2008
- Skyhook Wireless has upgraded its software developer kit to include location-based advertising from Quattro Wireless, a mobile site developer and ad network.
- Application developments, new standards to bring mobile search into mainstream: SES panel
- Published: March 18, 2008
- NEW YORK -- A new mobile environment is taking shape what with companies launching mobile applications and standards set by the iPhone and Google's Android platform.