Total Results: 283Displaying: 11 - 20
- Facebook, Google land blows against wireless carriers, undercutting their role
- Published: February 21, 2014
- It has been a bad week for wireless carriers, with moves by MasterCard and Visa likely to diminish their role in mobile payments while Facebookís WhatsApp acquisition pushes carriers farther to the sidelines of mobile messaging.
- Universities tap mobile for math, science teacher training
- Published: December 2, 2013
- The University of Texas at Austin and three other universities are training new math and science teachers to use mobile in what is claimed to be a first-of-its kind national program.
- Premium SMS flameout opens door to improved opt-in rates
- Published: November 25, 2013
- With AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon all dropping most premium SMS billing, this could open the door to higher opt-in rates for mobile programs and the loosening of regulation around these programs.
- Verizon, Vodafone deal points to move toward integrated wireline, wireless services
- Published: September 4, 2013
- Verizonís move to acquire the 45 percent stake in its wireless operations owned by Vodafone underscores the growing focus on integrated wireline, wireless services for United States carriers.
- Thinaire leverages Verizonís cloud offerings to drive NFC marketing at scale
- Published: August 9, 2013
- Thinaire has partnered with Verizon Terremark Cloud to support the growing interest from major brands and retailers to leverage near-field communication for mobile marketing engagements.
- Mobile data collection increases, raising new privacy concerns
- Published: May 23, 2013
- With everyone from wireless carriers to the latest and greatest smartphone application tracking user behavior and trying to sell the data, mobile is proving to be a treasure trove of customer information. But not all data is created equal, at least on the privacy front.
- Verizon urged by consumers to eliminate mobile phone contracts
- Published: April 25, 2013
- The Change.org petition asks Verizon to consider a better way for customers to purchase devices affordably via a payment plan or by some other means.
- Wireless carriers jump into mobile offers as consumers demand greater personalization
- Published: December 7, 2012
- The mobile deals space is evolving away from services such as Groupon and LivingSocial, which reach a broad swath of consumers, to targeted offerings designed to provide more personalization.
- Apple, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone Ė News briefs
- Published: October 31, 2012
- News briefs - Appleís head of iOS software to depart in company reorganization; Nokia Lumia 822 available exclusively from Verizon Wireless; Vodafone to launch NFC-enabled mobile wallet next year.
- How Verizonís new data pricing scheme affects mobile marketers
- Published: June 25, 2012
Marketers deploying mobile need to take a look at their existing mobile marketing programs and determine how many of them depend on data to thrive.