Total Results: 278Displaying: 11 - 20
- Mobile data collection increases, raising new privacy concerns
- Published: May 23, 2013
- With everyone from wireless carriers to the latest and greatest smartphone application tracking user behavior and trying to sell the data, mobile is proving to be a treasure trove of customer information. But not all data is created equal, at least on the privacy front.
- Verizon urged by consumers to eliminate mobile phone contracts
- Published: April 25, 2013
- The Change.org petition asks Verizon to consider a better way for customers to purchase devices affordably via a payment plan or by some other means.
- Wireless carriers jump into mobile offers as consumers demand greater personalization
- Published: December 7, 2012
- The mobile deals space is evolving away from services such as Groupon and LivingSocial, which reach a broad swath of consumers, to targeted offerings designed to provide more personalization.
- Apple, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone – News briefs
- Published: October 31, 2012
- News briefs - Apple’s head of iOS software to depart in company reorganization; Nokia Lumia 822 available exclusively from Verizon Wireless; Vodafone to launch NFC-enabled mobile wallet next year.
- How Verizon’s new data pricing scheme affects mobile marketers
- Published: June 25, 2012
Marketers deploying mobile need to take a look at their existing mobile marketing programs and determine how many of them depend on data to thrive.
- Verizon Wireless partners with Shazam for Far East Movement sweepstakes
- Published: June 21, 2012
- Verizon Wireless has teamed up with Shazam on a campaign that lets fans tag any song by Far East Movement and be entered for a new sweepstakes promotion.
- Verizon exec: Mobile will save retail
- Published: June 15, 2012
- NEW YORK - Mobile offers opportunities for marketers to deliver contextual services to engage consumers, per panelists at the 2012 MMA Forum. However, because such services require collecting data, they are also fraught with issues such as how to gather the information without losing consumer trust.
- Verizon Wireless’ shared data plans could drive mobile video, SMS
- Published: June 13, 2012
- In a significant move reflecting how mobile is increasingly about data as much as or even more than video, Verizon Wireless is the first major U.S. wireless carrier to launch a shared data plan.
- Jawa pays $2M-plus to settle premium SMS suit
- Published: May 15, 2012
- Mobile firm Jawa and related entities have settled a lawsuit centered on premium SMS charges and brought by the State of Texas last year. As a result, the companies must pay $2 million, repay customers for unauthorized charges and submit to random audits.
- Will iPhone take a hit now that Verizon is supporting Windows Phone?
- Published: April 23, 2012
- With wireless carriers not making as much money from smartphones as they would like, Verizon Wireless is putting its support behind Windows Phone in hopes of spurring on greater competition with iPhone and Android.