Total Results: 274Displaying: 11 - 20
- How Verizonís new data pricing scheme affects mobile marketers
- Published: June 25, 2012
Marketers deploying mobile need to take a look at their existing mobile marketing programs and determine how many of them depend on data to thrive.
- Verizon Wireless partners with Shazam for Far East Movement sweepstakes
- Published: June 21, 2012
- Verizon Wireless has teamed up with Shazam on a campaign that lets fans tag any song by Far East Movement and be entered for a new sweepstakes promotion.
- Verizon exec: Mobile will save retail
- Published: June 15, 2012
- NEW YORK - Mobile offers opportunities for marketers to deliver contextual services to engage consumers, per panelists at the 2012 MMA Forum. However, because such services require collecting data, they are also fraught with issues such as how to gather the information without losing consumer trust.
- Verizon Wirelessí shared data plans could drive mobile video, SMS
- Published: June 13, 2012
- In a significant move reflecting how mobile is increasingly about data as much as or even more than video, Verizon Wireless is the first major U.S. wireless carrier to launch a shared data plan.
- Jawa pays $2M-plus to settle premium SMS suit
- Published: May 15, 2012
- Mobile firm Jawa and related entities have settled a lawsuit centered on premium SMS charges and brought by the State of Texas last year. As a result, the companies must pay $2 million, repay customers for unauthorized charges and submit to random audits.
- Will iPhone take a hit now that Verizon is supporting Windows Phone?
- Published: April 23, 2012
- With wireless carriers not making as much money from smartphones as they would like, Verizon Wireless is putting its support behind Windows Phone in hopes of spurring on greater competition with iPhone and Android.
- AT&T, Verizon team up with FCC to address stolen mobile phones
- Published: April 11, 2012
- To address the growing number of mobile phones that are being stolen and quickly resold, several wireless carriers, including AT&T and Verizon, have committed to building a database that will enable them to quickly disable a phone after it has been stolen.
- Why carriers have a love-hate relationship with the iPhone
- Published: March 2, 2012
- While consumers love the iPhone, wireless carriers have a more ambivalent relationship with the device because of the handset's high cost and need to subsidize the cost for subscribers.
- Verizon, Redbox partnership will broaden market for mobile video
- Published: February 7, 2012
- Verizon and Redbox are teaming up to create a flexible and affordable national product that will offer both physical DVDs and streaming online video to a variety of devices.
- Wireless carriers look to innovate how mobile video is delivered, paid for
- Published: January 17, 2012
- Wireless carriers are under pressure to meet consumer demands for mobile content consumption and are looking at new ways to deliver and charge for data usage, including letting content providers foot some of the bill.