Tag: Wilson Kerr
Total Results: 48Displaying: 1 - 10
- Is Amazon’s fizzling Fire the end for retailer-launched phones?
- Published: October 27, 2014
- The inability of Amazon’s Fire phone to generate substantial sales following its much-publicized launch is raising questions about retailers’ ability to successfully launch their own phones.
- 5 things to avoid in mobile commerce this holiday season
- Published: October 24, 2014
- By Wilson Kerr
As consumer confidence in mobile grows, so does mobile-originating traffic to retail Web sites. In fact, according to a June 2014 comScore report, fully 60 percent of digital media time spent online by consumers is originating from smartphones and tablets, a figure that has increased 50 percent over 2013.
- Will click-and-collect, contextual offers spell the death of Black Friday?
- Published: October 15, 2014
- As mobile’s role in shopping continues to grow - driving trends such as click-and-collect and hyperlocal offers - Black Friday’s significance could further erode, something that started to become evident last year.
- Image-heavy responsive sites drag down mobile performance: report
- Published: April 21, 2014
- An analysis of 155 responsive sites finds that only 32 — or 21 percent — of sites load in four seconds or less, according to a report from Trilibis launching today.
- Which mobile tactic will make the biggest splash in 2014?
- Published: December 6, 2013
- With mobile playing a bigger role in the overall media mix, both in-store experiences and more data-driven types of advertising will propel the next phase of mobile marketing in 2014.
- The case against responsive Web design
- Published: October 30, 2013
- By Wilson Kerr
The hype about mobile responsive design reached a crescendo about a year ago. On the surface, the pitch resonates. Why manage multiple sites when you can manage just one and have it resize itself for all channels? Simple, right?
- Facebook eyes mobile payments but faces many challenges, including PayPal
- Published: August 16, 2013
- While Facebook is looking to extend its significant mobile might into payments and take on PayPal, the social network’s previous commerce-related failures suggests it may face some challenges.
- Amazon pulls page from Pinterest to ramp up mobile, social aspirations
- Published: August 6, 2013
- Amazon is the undisputed king of online shopping, but as shopping becomes more social, the ecommerce giant is taking steps to ensure it is not left in the dust.
- Mobile’s role in back-to-school grows as campaigns move beyond price promotions
- Published: July 31, 2013
- Mobile is playing a bigger role than ever before in back-to-school shopping for both consumers and marketers, whose strategies are beginning to move beyond simple promotions.
- Are tablets the ultimate bedroom tool?
- Published: July 8, 2013
- It is easy to see why tablets have become so popular in the home environment. The devices provide the power and portability of a smartphone, but also have a larger canvas that is ideal for a more relaxed setting at home.