Total Results: 198Displaying: 1 - 10
- Can Google win mobile commerce with sound authentication?
- Published: February 19, 2014
- Google’s acquisition of sound-based authentication technology fuels yet another war between Apple and the search giant, but with recent data breaches and a plethora of existing payment options, retailers and brands may not be ready to get on board yet.
- Comcast, Time Warner aim to crack open cable's TV Everywhere potential
- Published: February 18, 2014
- Comcast’s proposed $45 billion merger with Time Warner would provide the kind of scale that cable networks need to compete against broadcasters to make content available across television, mobile phones, tablets and desktops.
- Dropping Motorola frees up Google to fix mobile monetization, manufacturer relationships
- Published: January 31, 2014
- By giving Motorola the boot this week, Google eliminated a big distraction, freeing it up to repair relationships in the Android ecosystem and redouble efforts on the mobile advertising front, where cost per clicks continue to decline and Facebook presents a growing threat.
- Now is the time to analyze mobile marketing efforts
- Published: January 8, 2014
- By Ashley Eckel
What might be more terrifying than not keeping up with the latest and greatest mobile technology is not knowing how to measure and analyze the data gathered through marketers' efforts.
- Google speeds past Apple in race to connected car experiences
- Published: January 6, 2014
- The connected car could be the next big battleground for the mobile industry, with Google and Apple both aggressively moving to shore up a meaningful role in this quickly growing market.
- Connecting the 5 pillars of mobile marketing in 2014
- Published: December 18, 2013
- By Len Shneyder
Pundits, reporters, analysts and industry experts are busy laying claim to 2013. The industry is in agreement that 2013 has been a banner year for mobile. This sentiment is not very different from 2012.
- Fingerprinting trumps facial recognition for mobile marketers’ 2014 priorities
- Published: December 16, 2013
- With the launch of Apple’s iPhone 5S and more consumer acceptance around using mobile for authentication this year, marketers will leverage mobile fingerprinting in 2014 to supercharge their strategies. However, with Facebook and L’Oreal betting on facial recognition, the technology should not be counted out completely.
- Smartphone makers turn up heat on advertising with differing results
- Published: November 11, 2013
- Increasingly, mobile handset manufacturers are focusing their efforts on gaining a competitive edge with consumers by winning over their hearts with splashy television ads as much as they are on bringing out faster, better hardware. However, not all ad campaigns are created equal.
- Can Apple, Microsoft reinvent mobile businesses with phablets?
- Published: October 16, 2013
- As the rumors heat up that Apple is developing a phone-tablet hybrid that will compete head-on with Samsung, Microsoft and HTC, phablets are emerging as a way for manufacturers to jumpstart sales.
- Facebook tries to boost role as go-to mobile app with Onavo buy
- Published: October 15, 2013
- Already one of the most popular activities on mobile, Facebook is betting it can drive engagement levels even higher by helping users make better use of their monthly data allowances.