Total Results: 498Displaying: 51 - 60
- Garmin slashes app pricing to better compete against Google
- Published: June 18, 2014
- Garmin Ltd.’s unveiling of a new $1.99 mobile navigation application is a move to prevent further erosion of its relevance as customers embrace smartphone navigation apps.
- Smartphones poised to replace onboard devices for monitoring drivers’ capabilities
- Published: June 17, 2014
- Allstate Insurance Co. has launched a second usage-based mobile application as auto insurers increasingly look to monitor policyholders’ experiences through their smartphones.
- Major retailers are missing out on mobile revenue
- Published: May 23, 2014
- By Ezra Siegel
According to Forrester Research, mobile devices generated $50 billion in revenue in 2013 and are forecasted to generate $82 billion in 2014. Consumers using mobile devices spend 86 percent of their time within applications, making apps the clear leader in driving revenue over the mobile Web.
- Where mobile fits in the marketing funnel sandwich
- Published: May 19, 2014
- By Alon Even
The core of mobile's power is in its ability to drive sales in the context of the marketing funnel.
- Mobile Minutes: mobile apps, IBM, Samsung, AT&T
- Published: April 30, 2014
- Today in mobile marketing - Mobile apps could hit $70B in revenues by 2017; IBM drinks the Kool-Aid, launches an enterprise app store; Samsung lost smartphone market share for first time in 4 years; AT&T to launch in-flight Wi-Fi
- Go ahead, admit it: these new PC sites suck
- Published: April 11, 2014
- In the rush to build the mobile site of their dreams, marketers and publishers have turned their larger-screen Web sites into a nightmare.
- Mobile ad revenue share report requires native response
- Published: April 9, 2014
- By Ariff Quli
The continued fall in revenue share among all mobile advertising providers except Facebook and Twitter in the eMarketer’s latest predictions on global mobile ad spend must serve as a wake-up call for the industry.
- How messaging apps can monetize their platforms
- Published: March 20, 2014
- By Sean O'Brien
As the messaging application market has rapidly exploded, monetization has been making headlines. Take the Facebook and WhatsApp acquisition news – what was the main focus on the analyst call? Monetization.
- Move to native ads fuels full-length mobile video growth
- Published: March 19, 2014
- Once reserved for short clips, big brands including General Mills and Pepsi are betting on full-length mobile video as consumers increasingly become more comfortable watching content on their smartphones and tablets.
- Movie chain apps halt entertainment brands’ Beacon debut
- Published: March 18, 2014
- Beacons and hyperlocal mobile technology offer entertainment brands a significant opportunity to build loyalty programs and upsell moviegoers, but marketers will need to latch onto the movie chains themselves to establish the brand recognition and scale that theaters have already achieved.