Total Results: 572Displaying: 71 - 80
- How the Apple Watch changes consumer shopping behavior
- Published: August 18, 2015
- By Josh Marti
As shoppers gravitate toward watch-based technologies, retailers will need to focus on creating an engaging in-store experience on the new devices.
- Tidal attracts Prince fans with exclusive rights to new album
- Published: August 11, 2015
- Musical artist Prince is releasing a new album exclusively on the streaming platform Tidal, helping to raise its profile as musicians become increasingly disgruntled with streaming services.
- Ads for apps flood TV but ROI remains unproven
- Published: August 10, 2015
- There has been a deluge of television ads hawking brand applications in 2015, but while the strategy speaks to the competition in this space, not everyone agrees TV is the best support strategy.
- Viber promises a more personal mobile connection with consumers
- Published: August 3, 2015
- As mobile messaging application Viber expands to the United States, some marketers are likely to jump on board quickly to stay competitive in the mobile messaging field, as the app offers seamless experiences for branded stickers and sponsored messaging content.
- EBay’s discontinuation of specialty apps points to much-needed streamlining
- Published: July 29, 2015
- Peer-to-peer digital retailer eBay’s decision to discontinue its specialty applications, including eBay Valet, showcases the need for marketers to offer one overarching app if they wish to streamline their mobile offerings.
- Marketers size up in-app messaging to retain and monetize customers
- Published: July 24, 2015
- Marketers have been slow to embrace in-app messaging for fear of creating a spam-like experience and because of the priority put on drawing in new users, potentially missing out on a key strategy for boosting and maintaining engagement as a result.
- Why Apple Watch apps should be one-dimensional
- Published: July 20, 2015
- By Peter Skoromnyi
You cannot do everything on the watch – and Apple is not marketing it this way. However, it seems some marketers strive for very ambitious goals to make fully functional apps for Apple Watch that simply do not make sense.
- Local-first travel apps trump branded hotel and airline offerings: report
- Published: July 16, 2015
- Consumers are increasingly turning to local-first travel applications such as Uber and Foursquare, in addition to online travel agents, putting hotels’ and airlines’ branded apps in danger of losing momentum, according to a new Strategy Analytics report.
- Why concierge apps are way of the future in hospitality
- Published: July 6, 2015
- Hotel concierge applications are becoming a must-have for major hospitality brands seeking to tap into guests’ smartphones to anticipate their needs before arrival on premises.
- Getting mobile onboarding right to avoid app abandonment
- Published: July 1, 2015
- By Kelsey Ricard
A large majority of customers will abandon an app within the first minute. That is why mobile onboarding – the process of walking a user through a few screens to orient them with an app and its features – is crucial in deciding whether a user becomes active or calls it quits.