Total Results: 576Displaying: 81 - 90
- Why Apple Watch apps should be one-dimensional
- Published: July 20, 2015
- By Peter Skoromnyi
You cannot do everything on the watch – and Apple is not marketing it this way. However, it seems some marketers strive for very ambitious goals to make fully functional apps for Apple Watch that simply do not make sense.
- Local-first travel apps trump branded hotel and airline offerings: report
- Published: July 16, 2015
- Consumers are increasingly turning to local-first travel applications such as Uber and Foursquare, in addition to online travel agents, putting hotels’ and airlines’ branded apps in danger of losing momentum, according to a new Strategy Analytics report.
- Why concierge apps are way of the future in hospitality
- Published: July 6, 2015
- Hotel concierge applications are becoming a must-have for major hospitality brands seeking to tap into guests’ smartphones to anticipate their needs before arrival on premises.
- Getting mobile onboarding right to avoid app abandonment
- Published: July 1, 2015
- By Kelsey Ricard
A large majority of customers will abandon an app within the first minute. That is why mobile onboarding – the process of walking a user through a few screens to orient them with an app and its features – is crucial in deciding whether a user becomes active or calls it quits.
- Deluge of agency reviews suggests big jump for mobile budgets in 2016
- Published: June 24, 2015
- A remarkable number of big brands are reviewing their media agency relationships in 2015, with the partnerships they choose likely to reflect mobile’s growing role as a must-have core strategy while laying the groundwork for a big boost to mobile ad budgets in 2016.
- 6 fundamentals of successful mobile engagement
- Published: June 19, 2015
- By Dave Murashige
Today’s customers are undeniably mobile. And that means they have access to more information than ever before – both on you and your competitor – and they can access that information anywhere, anytime. So how can you make your brand’s messages stand out in a sea of digital noise?
- How Everything-as-a-Service will help brands on mobile
- Published: June 18, 2015
- By Steve Chung
How can a company get everything right so that its app is a smash hit, both for users and the business’ bottom line?
- Mixbook gains back users with push notification experiment
- Published: June 8, 2015
- Photo-printing service Mixbook avoids abandonment rates with a new solution that calculates how to best engage consumers through mobile optimization.
- Avoid falling into the app-fatigue trap
- Published: June 2, 2015
- By Mike Haney
What apps do consumers use on their personal devices? Facebook, weather, email, a news app and whatever messaging app their wives or husbands are on. Why? All those apps are vital to their lives. How can yours be just as vital?
- Last-minute hotel apps’ personalization rings true for mobile users: report
- Published: June 1, 2015
- A report from Key Lime Interactive reveals that travel and hospitality marketers with mobile applications must offer a personalized experience, loyalty program integration and last-minute deals to ensure a streamlined shopping process and maintain coveted space on consumers’ smartphones as competition grows.