Total Results: 79Displaying: 1 - 10
- Dreaming of a beacon-focused Christmas
- Published: November 8, 2016
- By Noor Naseer
We are rapidly approaching the most wonderful time of the year again. In preparation, marketers have been gearing up for the holiday shopping season ó which comprises as much as 30 percent of retailersí fiscal-year sales. And this year, the stakes are higher than ever.
- Hilton injects spontaneity into guestsí stays via beacon-enabled mobile guides
- Published: September 7, 2016
- Hilton is enabling its hotel guests to receive insider tips on resort amenities, places of interest and various activities by leveraging a new in-application Fun Finder travel guide, which uses Wi-Fi, GPS technology and beacons to provide on-site recommendations based on usersí preferences.
- San Diego airport's multifunctional beacon app streamlines flying
- Published: August 18, 2016
- San Diego International Airport is preparing to roll out a mobile application that guides travelers from the beginning to the end of their journeys with the help of in-airport beacon technology, streamlining access to relevant information such as taxi wait times and gate changes.
- Mobile payments beyond NFC: The case for beacons
- Published: July 29, 2016
- By David Fernandez
It is no secret that banks have concerns that tech giants such as Apple and Google are entering their sectors with mobile wallets and payment solutions.
- How machine-to-machine technology works for retailers
- Published: July 11, 2016
- By Aziz Memon
Shoppers who receive branded messages at the right time in the store are 7.5 times more likely to seek out the product off the shelf than those that do not.
- Heineken uncaps experience-driven rewards for app users via beacons
- Published: July 7, 2016
- Heineken is adding fizz to mobile loyalty with the Heineken Live application, which offers users a chance to receive different rewards experiences, such as VIP event tickets, each time they visit one of the brandís beacon-equipped venues.
- Airside Mobile buckles in beacon-enabled push notifications for airport travelers
- Published: June 30, 2016
- Travel application Airside Mobile is leveraging contextual- and location-based push notifications to drive direct downloads among Android users in several major airports and inform them of experiences in their vicinity.
- 3pc of marketers use beacons while Wi-Fi verges on ubiquity: Forrester Research
- Published: June 15, 2016
- Only 3 percent of businesses currently use beacons, and another 11 percent are testing it, while next-generation Wi-Fi is expected to reach 90 percent penetration over the next few years, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
- Allrecipes provides contextual content through beacons at grocery stores
- Published: June 8, 2016
- Meredithís online recipe hub Allrecipes is using beacons to target shoppers at Marcís grocery stores with recipe ideas at a time when they are likely to be interested in the content.
- Unileverís Maille tastes mobileís potential with beacon campaign targeting foodies
- Published: May 24, 2016
- Unileverís Maille mustard brand has added a dash of beacon marketing to help it target foodies in Los Angeles and Chicago grocery stores, driving sales at the point of purchase while gaining earned media for the brandís first digital campaign in the United States.