Total Results: 353Displaying: 61 - 70
- Tablet magazines stumbling to justify existence, spend
- Published: August 2, 2012
- As both tablet adoption and mobile consumption of content continues to grow, publishers are hurrying to bring out tablet-friendly offerings. However, with tablet-only publication The Daily announcing significant cutbacks, it is clear the devices are not the panacea that some publishers may have hoped it was.
- Apple’s Q3 growth slows on lackluster iPhone, iPad sales in some markets
- Published: July 25, 2012
- Some of the bloom may be coming off of Apple’s blossom, with the company’s fiscal third quarter results disappointing on several fronts. While the numbers were up from the same period a year ago, they reflect a slowdown in growth this year.
- Apple’s iPad generates more revenue per impression than other mobile devices: report
- Published: July 23, 2012
- The evidence continues to stack up that Apple's iPad is an important marketing tool, with a new report from Opera Software showing that it generates more revenue per impression than other mobile devices.
- Increased tablet competition could hurt Kindle Fire, not iPad
- Published: July 16, 2012
- Tablets are likely to be high on consumers’ wishlists this holiday season. However, unlike last year – when the tablet market was dominated by the iPad and Kindle Fire – the space will be much more competitive this year with a host of new entries.
- Apple gains ground on legal front with patent win, Samsung injunction
- Published: June 29, 2012
- In the ongoing patent wars between many of the major mobile players, Apple gained ground this week by scoring an injunction against Samsung in the United States and winning a handful of patents, including two that pertain to touch screen displays.
- Tablets will soon be top, driving engagement and consumer relevance
- Published: June 12, 2012
When it comes to tablets and their ability to engage consumers and entice them with marketing messages, we have not even scratched the surface.
- Tablet ad impressions jump 88pc in six months: InMobi
- Published: June 7, 2012
- In a sign of how quickly marketers are embracing tablets as a new way to engage with customers, InMobi reports that tablet impressions have grown 88 percent on its network in the last six months.
- Kindle Fire shipments tank but CTRs still strong
- Published: June 6, 2012
- Following a successful launch in the fourth-quarter of 2011, Amazon’s Kindle Fire was unable to maintain the momentum during the first quarter, with shipments dropping 80 percent. However, with higher click-through rates than the iPad, Amazon’s tablet still presents opportunities for marketers.
- TripAdvisor expands city guide apps to 30 new cities
- Published: May 29, 2012
- Online travel site TripAdvisor is adding new cities to its line of guide applications to help consumers discover the best attractions, events and places while traveling.
- Financial Times shuts off iOS apps: Will others follow?
- Published: May 9, 2012
- The Financial Times recently said it plans to turn off its iPad and iPhone applications for good as the publisher moves to further embrace an HTML5-first strategy.