Total Results: 950Displaying: 1 - 10
- Samsung's mistakes could also put marketers at a disadvantage
- Published: October 12, 2016
- Samsung and its marketers may see serious repercussions from mishandling its faulty Galaxy Note 7 explosion issue, after the manufacturer waited too long to recall.
- Memo to Apple: When delight becomes expectation, loyalty becomes uncertain
- Published: October 3, 2016
- By Robert Passikoff
Every year Apple met, set or exceeded consumers’ expectations for their ideal smartphone. And doing that kept consumers loyal and the brand very profitable. QED. Quod erat demonstrandum. But then the competition reset category expectations.
- Getting rich push notifications right in Apple’s iOS 10
- Published: September 15, 2016
- By Guy Horrocks
Of all the new changes announced by Apple this month, none are more impactful for marketers than the availability of rich push notifications, which debuted with iOS 10 this week.
- Mobile Minutes: VR film wins Emmy; Ted Baker taps voice search; Twitter’s NFL hashtag emojis; Apple's sales numbers
- Published: September 9, 2016
- Today in mobile marketing – Oculus virtual reality short film Henry wins an Emmy; Ted Baker partners with Google for first-ever fashion brand application of Google app's voice search; Twitter launches NFL hashtag emojis; Apple will not give first-weekend sales of iPhone 7.
- IPhone 7 beefs up, meaning even more time spent consuming content
- Published: September 8, 2016
- While the new iPhone 7 will come with significantly more storage for users and two high-powered cameras – two features likely to ensure owners spend even more on their devices – overall, yesterday’s debut of Apple’s newest smartphone failed to drum up the level of excitement of previous releases.
- Apple services up 19pc – not enough to offset 8pc iPhone drop
- Published: July 27, 2016
- Slightly edging out forecasts, Apple’s revenue from services grew 19 percent from a year ago, but it was not enough to offset a slowdown in iPhone and iPad sales, which dragged down overall revenue for the second quarter in a row.
- Mobile Minutes: Microsoft buys Wand Labs; Snapchat’s tech magazine; Britain’s digital scene; IPhone’s patent problem
- Published: June 20, 2016
- Today in mobile marketing – Microsoft boosts its chatbot future by acquiring Wand Labs; Snapchat readies Real Life, an online tech magazine; Why leaving EU would be disastrous for UK digital scene; Apple iPhones found to have violated Chinese rival’s patent.
- Apple’s second quarter earnings plagued by iPhone sales’ 16pc decline
- Published: April 27, 2016
- Apple’s disappointing second quarter saw unit sales of iPhones decrease by 16 percent and total revenue fall by 13 percent, suggesting that the company should streamline its focus on its more lucrative services sector, which includes a still-expanding Apple Pay.
- Apple’s move downstream means lower app spends
- Published: March 22, 2016
- In a move that could impact marketers’ mobile revenue streams, Apple introduced the 4-inch iPhone SE yesterday, which comes with Touch ID and Apple Pay.
- Mobile Minutes: Podcasts’ advertising hurdles; Three adds adblocking; Facebook and Apple; Smartwatches
- Published: February 22, 2016
- Today in mobile marketing – Podcasts face advertising hurdles; Mobile operator Three to introduce adblocking; Facebook, Twitter side with Apple in iPhone fight; Smartwatches outsell Swiss watches for first time as Apple Watch dominates.