Tag: location based services
Total Results: 55Displaying: 1 - 10
- Facebook acquires Gowalla team to boost location-based services
- Published: December 6, 2011
- Facebook is acquiring the team behind social networking service Gowalla as it continues to build out its location-based services.
- Mobile ads driving purchase intent among smartphone users: Google
- Published: April 28, 2011
- A study by Google Inc. found that mobile ads drive smartphone users to take actions such as visiting a Web site or making a purchase.
- What are the hottest trends in mobile right now?
- Published: April 1, 2011
- The hot-button issues in mobile generating the most buzz at the moment include location-based services and marketing, the rise of mobile commerce and payments, as well as applications for smartphones and tablets.
- Location-based marketing can increase average order value, frequency, loyalty
- Published: March 29, 2011
- While privacy concerns persist, adding a location component to a campaign gives mobile marketers the opportunity to increase the relevancy of their messages and make them immediately actionable.
- Location-based services have yet to reach tipping point: survey
- Published: March 28, 2011
- Location-based services have yet to reach the tipping point, according to a survey by White Horse.
- Jaguar revs up location-based mobile initiatives to promote vehicle lineup
- Published: January 24, 2011
- Luxury automaker Jaguar Cars Ltd. is running location-targeted display and search advertising to drive awareness of its new vehicle lineup and generate leads for its car dealerships.
- Mobile and social media set to change business
- Published: December 28, 2010
- By Rajesh Makhija
Digital and social media marketing, the advent of cloud computing and the explosion of mobile technology have all had a profound effect on the way marketers and consumers do business.
- Three R’s of mobile location-based marketing
- Published: December 22, 2010
- By Akash Agarwal
Marketers are tapping location-based services to compel customers to use apps to engage with the brand, product or venue via their mobile phone. They need to know the three R's of LBS.
- Ritz Camera tests new location-based ad platform to drive foot traffic
- Published: December 16, 2010
- Brands such as Ritz and Wolf Camera, Gap, Clinique, Hewlett-Packard and Groupon have partnered with JiWire to run location-targeted advertising campaigns.
- Jay-Z, Random House run multifaceted mobile effort to support book launch
- Published: December 9, 2010
- Jay-Z and book publishing giant Random House used various mobile channels to create an interactive location-based game promoting the rap mogul’s new book, “Decoded.”