Tag: location based services
Total Results: 57Displaying: 1 - 10
- Microsoft's Foursquare deal makes sense but scale still an issue
- Published: February 7, 2014
- Microsoft’s deal with Foursquare does not push location services forward significantly, but it does point to how such offerings are increasingly table stakes in the mobile space.
- Apple poised to surpass Google in indoor location-based services
- Published: November 20, 2013
- Location-based services is shaping up to be a significant portion of the mobile industry going forward. While Apple has traditionally not been very strong here, the company is quietly making gains and could even surpass Google in one quickly growing area: indoor location.
- Facebook acquires Gowalla team to boost location-based services
- Published: December 6, 2011
- Facebook is acquiring the team behind social networking service Gowalla as it continues to build out its location-based services.
- Mobile ads driving purchase intent among smartphone users: Google
- Published: April 28, 2011
- A study by Google Inc. found that mobile ads drive smartphone users to take actions such as visiting a Web site or making a purchase.
- What are the hottest trends in mobile right now?
- Published: April 1, 2011
- The hot-button issues in mobile generating the most buzz at the moment include location-based services and marketing, the rise of mobile commerce and payments, as well as applications for smartphones and tablets.
- Location-based marketing can increase average order value, frequency, loyalty
- Published: March 29, 2011
- While privacy concerns persist, adding a location component to a campaign gives mobile marketers the opportunity to increase the relevancy of their messages and make them immediately actionable.
- Location-based services have yet to reach tipping point: survey
- Published: March 28, 2011
- Location-based services have yet to reach the tipping point, according to a survey by White Horse.
- Jaguar revs up location-based mobile initiatives to promote vehicle lineup
- Published: January 24, 2011
- Luxury automaker Jaguar Cars Ltd. is running location-targeted display and search advertising to drive awareness of its new vehicle lineup and generate leads for its car dealerships.
- Mobile and social media set to change business
- Published: December 28, 2010
- By Rajesh Makhija
Digital and social media marketing, the advent of cloud computing and the explosion of mobile technology have all had a profound effect on the way marketers and consumers do business.
- Three R’s of mobile location-based marketing
- Published: December 22, 2010
- By Akash Agarwal
Marketers are tapping location-based services to compel customers to use apps to engage with the brand, product or venue via their mobile phone. They need to know the three R's of LBS.