Tag: location targeting
Total Results: 10
- Michelin cuts through marketing fog with contextual advertising
- Published: February 17, 2017
- Tire manufacturer Michelin is tapping AccuWeather for a highly targeted mobile campaign on the weather brand’s suite of products to promote its wiper blades during rainy forecasts.
- Ortega pairs location-based targeting with native social experiences
- Published: March 21, 2016
- B&G Foods' Ortega taco shell brand is targeting local Kroger and Walmart shoppers, while valuing social media cross-promotion, in a new campaign exclusive to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest that pairs recipes with video and GIFs.
- Screenvision's movie theater beacons show entertainment value of mobile
- Published: January 28, 2016
- Cinema advertisement distributor Screenvision is creating a beacon-powered marketing network for brands to share targeted, location-based campaigns, exhibiting the entertainment industry’s move towards in-venue mobile pushes.
- Challenging misconceptions in location data science
- Published: October 23, 2015
- By Alistair Goodman
Location targeting is still a fairly new technology and comes with its own set of challenges. There are a lot of misconceptions in the industry about user location data, and this leads to badly targeted campaigns and fraudulent ad inventory.
- Radio broadcasters see uptick in ad revenue on location-based targeting
- Published: July 23, 2015
- Radio groups such as Sinclair Broadcast Group, Cumulus Media, Beasley Media, Digity, Radio One, Delmarva Broadcasting and Saga Communications are targeting mobile users based on current and past locations to drive in-store traffic.
- Is the iBeacon party over before it even starts?
- Published: February 11, 2014
- The rhetoric around geolocation data is quickly heating up on both sides, with leading marketers investing more in acquiring and leveraging this customer information at the same time that some sort of regulatory action looks increasingly like a possibility.
- 5 questions about mobile location technology you want to ask
- Published: August 21, 2012
- By Heather Sears
We have been reading about location-targeted mobile marketing for a few years now. We all have a top-level understanding: "I can serve ads to phones based on their location!" But do you really understand the details?
- Location-based marketing can increase average order value, frequency, loyalty
- Published: March 29, 2011
- While privacy concerns persist, adding a location component to a campaign gives mobile marketers the opportunity to increase the relevancy of their messages and make them immediately actionable.
- HopStop CEO: Location-targeted mobile ads 20 times more effective than online
- Published: March 4, 2011
- NEW YORK – HopStop’s top executive said that location-targeted mobile ads are 20 times more effective than online ads during a panel discussion at Borrell Associates Inc.’s Local Online Advertising Conference.
- Starbucks breaks first location-based mobile campaign with major carrier
- Published: October 15, 2010
- Starbucks and L'Oreal are the first brands on board for a six-month trial that relies on consumers opting-in to receive relevant messages based on age, gender, interests and – for the first time – their location.