Tag: mobile Web
Total Results: 404Displaying: 81 - 90
- Google: Effective mobile strategy means HTML5 and screen-agnostic approach
- Published: November 3, 2011
- The key to an effective mobile Web strategy starts with HTML5 and ends with a screen-agnostic approach, meaning the site is viewable on smartphones and tablets, according to a Google executive.
- Google chases brands, retailers as it ringfences mobile Web
- Published: November 2, 2011
- As Apple continues on its quest to be the king of the applications world, Google is taking another route to the top – the mobile Web.
- 3 design principles for the mobile Web
- Published: October 26, 2011
- By KF Lai
Designing for mobile can be daunting. Whether brands work on a simple banner campaign or full-scale app development, there are some principles that will keep them on the straight and narrow.
- Boston Globe rolls out subscription model for digital content
- Published: October 19, 2011
- Publisher Boston Globe is switching to a subscription model for BostonGlobe.com after experimenting with a free model in the past few weeks.
- Mobile accounts for 10pc of online traffic: Ask.com
- Published: October 17, 2011
- Online destination Ask.com claims it is generating 10 percent of its Internet traffic from mobile after shying away from its reputation as a search engine to become a question and answer service.
- Designing a mobile site for optimal conversion effectiveness
- Published: September 13, 2011
- By Barbara Green
In the past, retailers thought of their mobile storefront as a kind of showcase, rather than as a real supplement to the ecommerce bottom line. Not so now.
- Hurricane Irene creates whirlwind of mobile traffic
- Published: September 8, 2011
- Irene created a storm of mobile Web and app traffic as consumers experiencing the natural disaster flooded the mobile Internet and the app stores to search for news and information regarding the hurricane.
- Tips for local advertisers to develop mobile Web sites
- Published: September 1, 2011
- By Annette Tonti
A recent study from Google and Ipsos OTX shows that 95 percent of smartphone users conduct mobile searches, with 88 percent of those taking an action as a result within a day.
- Mobile Web design pitfalls
- Published: August 17, 2011
- By Colleen O'Banion
The rapid adoption of mobile technology has introduced a tricky set of constraints – smaller screen sizes, landscape and portrait ratios, odd UI/browser variations – that can overwhelm newcomers.
- What is the current thinking on mobile commerce?
- Published: August 16, 2011
- By Steve Timpson
The thing that is becoming crystal clear in mobile implementation: it is not easy to do. Marketers and retailers that want an easy path to mobile will be disappointed.