Tag: mobile Web
Total Results: 406Displaying: 81 - 90
- What’s next in mobile authentication?
- Published: November 14, 2011
- By Bill Goldbach
If you have ever tried logging into a mobile application or Web site from your smartphone or tablet, you know that typing passwords for authentication is at best clunky and, at worst, ineffective.
- Nestle’s Perrier taps mobile Web, QR codes, IVR to attract new customers
- Published: November 4, 2011
- Nestle’s Perrier Sparking Natural Mineral Water has developed a unique marketing program that uses mobile Web sites, QR codes and interactive voice response technology to attract new consumers and cultivate loyal customers.
- Google: Effective mobile strategy means HTML5 and screen-agnostic approach
- Published: November 3, 2011
- The key to an effective mobile Web strategy starts with HTML5 and ends with a screen-agnostic approach, meaning the site is viewable on smartphones and tablets, according to a Google executive.
- Google chases brands, retailers as it ringfences mobile Web
- Published: November 2, 2011
- As Apple continues on its quest to be the king of the applications world, Google is taking another route to the top – the mobile Web.
- 3 design principles for the mobile Web
- Published: October 26, 2011
- By KF Lai
Designing for mobile can be daunting. Whether brands work on a simple banner campaign or full-scale app development, there are some principles that will keep them on the straight and narrow.
- Boston Globe rolls out subscription model for digital content
- Published: October 19, 2011
- Publisher Boston Globe is switching to a subscription model for BostonGlobe.com after experimenting with a free model in the past few weeks.
- Mobile accounts for 10pc of online traffic: Ask.com
- Published: October 17, 2011
- Online destination Ask.com claims it is generating 10 percent of its Internet traffic from mobile after shying away from its reputation as a search engine to become a question and answer service.
- Designing a mobile site for optimal conversion effectiveness
- Published: September 13, 2011
- By Barbara Green
In the past, retailers thought of their mobile storefront as a kind of showcase, rather than as a real supplement to the ecommerce bottom line. Not so now.
- Hurricane Irene creates whirlwind of mobile traffic
- Published: September 8, 2011
- Irene created a storm of mobile Web and app traffic as consumers experiencing the natural disaster flooded the mobile Internet and the app stores to search for news and information regarding the hurricane.
- Tips for local advertisers to develop mobile Web sites
- Published: September 1, 2011
- By Annette Tonti
A recent study from Google and Ipsos OTX shows that 95 percent of smartphone users conduct mobile searches, with 88 percent of those taking an action as a result within a day.