Tag: mobile advertising
Total Results: 1726Displaying: 21 - 30
- Digitizing stored value: Challenge of going mobile
- Published: September 14, 2015
- By Mark Willis
In just one year, from June 2013 to June 2014, mobile application usage was up 52 percent, with more consumers using their smartphones than their laptops to make buying decisions – even though when it came to completing purchases, consumers were more comfortable on their laptops.
- How adidas, Carl’s Jr. and GM get auto-play video right
- Published: September 11, 2015
- Brands such as Carl’s Jr., adidas, History channel and GM are using immediate hooks, quick cuts and oversized texts as well as a focus on visuals over sound in auto-play videos for mobile native environments and seeing strong results, according to a new report from comScore and Opera Mediaworks.
- Can the surge in ad blocking be good for advertisers?
- Published: September 10, 2015
- By Carolyn Parent
Ad blocking has grown by 41 percent globally in the last 12 months. Sixteen percent of the United States online population blocked ads in the second quarter of 2015, equaling 45 million monthly active users.
- 3 ways to approach mobile measurement
- Published: September 9, 2015
- By Ken Harlan
For people involved in the mobile advertising industry, there is one burning question that has been an elephant in the room for the last few years: When will ad dollars begin to catch up with consumer behavior?
- 5 businesses that benefit from data science
- Published: September 8, 2015
- By Steve Caldwell
We looked at five businesses benefiting from data science and what exactly it is that data scientists do to better understand how these companies achieved success.
- Verizon-AOL-Millennial Media triple play sets stage for unique mobile ad offerings
- Published: September 4, 2015
- After years of jockeying for a bigger role in mobile advertising, Verizon is throwing serious money behind its aspirations, spending $4.4 billion deal for AOL several months ago and, this week, another $250 million to boost the digital platform’s mobile play by buying Millennial Media.
- Anti-Flash movement could boost native ads more than HTML5 in short-term
- Published: September 3, 2015
- The digital marketing landscape is being rewritten as opposition to Flash-based digital content and ads reaches critical mass, but with the transition to HTML5 still in process, mobile-friendly formats such as native, video and social advertising could be the short-term winners.
- Home improvement brands should focus on mobile, social content
- Published: September 2, 2015
- As millennials and younger digital-savvy consumers are becoming homeowners, mobile and social media are becoming an integral part of advertising, with marketers seeing a more effective pull on these platforms when it comes to reaching individuals executing renovations.
- FTC issues new social media and endorsement guidance
- Published: September 2, 2015
- By Andrew B. Lustigman
The Federal Trade Commission’s Endorsement Guides were revised in 2009 to provide advertisers with guidance on how to apply traditional legal principles regarding testimonials and endorsements to new marketing channels and techniques.
- Marketing to China’s millions: Make social media a priority
- Published: September 1, 2015
- By Rebecca Lui
Why is it so hard to succeed in a market where consumers love online shopping, mobile commerce and foreign brands in equal measure?