Tag: mobile applications
Total Results: 345Displaying: 111 - 120
- RIM, Irene, Flurry: News briefs
- Published: September 6, 2011
- News briefs: RIM PlayBook is the latest tablet to see prices slashed; The Weather Channel had 79.7M page views for Irene; App inventory skyrocketing: Flurry.
- Tips for business-to-business mobile marketing
- Published: August 29, 2011
- By Gordon Plutsky
Business-to-business marketers should be thinking about mobile apps as customer relationship marketing tools that literally follow the customer throughout their day.
- Best practice for mobile apps
- Published: August 23, 2011
- By Jeannette Kocsis
Mobile apps are becoming so commonplace that brands are being evaluated by consumers based on whether they have an app and how good or bad it is.
- Barnes & Noble builds Nook Color ecosystem
- Published: August 8, 2011
- Barnes & Noble is expanding the content available for its new Nook Color tablet, including a Cowboys & Aliens application that lets users unlock free exclusive material when they are connected to Wi-Fi in any of the company’s locations.
- Speedo dives into mobile with app, QR codes
- Published: August 1, 2011
- A new mobile app from Speedo plays a key role in the company’s efforts to inspire and engage fitness and competitive swimmers.
- Jos. A. Bank looks to add check-out function to mobile offerings as demand grows
- Published: July 28, 2011
- While Jos. A. Bank is looking to add a commerce element to its mobile-optimized site and iPhone application, nothing has prevented the retailer from driving in-store traffic via mobile.
- Apple faces challenges monetizing App Store
- Published: July 26, 2011
- Rules covering how digital content is sold within apps for iOS have some publishers agreeing to pay Apple a cut of subscription sales, while others are dropping sales options from their apps.
- Why QR codes and mobile apps fail
- Published: July 15, 2011
- By Lauren DeLisa Coleman
Too often brands and marketers are quietly chanting troubling, false mantras targeted at two particularly powerful elements from the mobile marketing tool chest.
- Is Apple losing the battle over rights to use “App Store”?
- Published: July 13, 2011
- The latest wrinkle in the ongoing battle over who can claim rights to “App Store” comes from independent mobile application download service GetJar, which says it will continue using the term.
- Facebook HTML5 platform to expand reach for app developers
- Published: July 8, 2011
- Facebook wants to take a bigger bite out of the growing mobile app marketplace with reports that it is readying an HTML5 platform that will work on iPhone and iPad devices.