Tag: mobile payments
Total Results: 74Displaying: 1 - 10
- Little nod to mcommerce, mpayments winds on CTIA Las Vegas show floor
- Published: May 22, 2013
- LAS VEGAS - If there is a parallel universe, it exists in Sin City. Walking the show floor at CTIA's flagship conference this week is surreal: there is next to little acknowledgement that mobile commerce and mobile payments will shift the balance of power from wireless carriers to retailers and third parties.
- QR codes: The key to loyalty and payments?
- Published: March 22, 2013
- By Matthew Talbot
There has been discussion around Square’s round of funding and how there is a battle going on over control of the point-of-sale (POS)—and it is not only about payment.
- Top 5 predictions for mobile payments in 2013
- Published: January 7, 2013
- By Bob Gold
What can marketers and retailers expect with mobile payments in the year ahead? Here are some trends that may become mainstream.
- 3 ways to mitigate mobile commerce fraud
- Published: December 5, 2012
- By Prakash Hariramani
With all of the talk on mobile payments and mobile commerce, NFC and the new Apple Passbook, it is interesting that no one is talking about mobile commerce fraud.
- Is this the year for mobile commerce? Promise and practicality
- Published: August 22, 2012
- By John Elliott
For the past few years, each year has been heralded as “the year for mobile payments.” Yet, for a variety of reasons, the uptake of mobile commerce has been slower than expected.
- Retailer commitment key for mobile payments
- Published: July 26, 2012
Jason D. Oxman
Some have postulated that mobile will mean the demise of plastic payment cards and the crushing, final blow to cash. Are they right?
- Should retailers have a mobile payments strategy?
- Published: May 31, 2012
Mobile is already unifying once-siloed online and bricks-and-mortar channels. Mobile payments can accelerate this trend by blurring the difference between mobile, online and in-store shopping.
- Brand Watch: Analyzing Starbucks' mobile blueprint
- Published: May 17, 2012
- Starbucks is one of the very few companies that has a well thought-out 360-degree mobile strategy, and while others are simply following the footsteps of their competitors, the coffee giant has taken strides to always stay one step ahead.
- Designer wallet of future will be virtual, but challenge is monetizing relationships
- Published: May 2, 2012
Will Generation Y ever know anything other than a mobile device as a means of purchasing? The future of mobile payment systems is promising – or threatening – to revolutionize the way we buy goods and services.
- Mobile payments and the demise of the cash register
- Published: January 24, 2012
- By Jonathan Stark
Imagine a world in which all you need before heading out the door to shop, grab a bite or catch a movie is your smartphone. That is right: no wallet, credit cards or cash required.