Tag: mobile security
Total Results: 7
- A brief history of mobile malware
- Published: May 7, 2013
- By Richard Clooke
Malware always rises where there is a popular platform, a range of attack vectors and some means of monetization, and mobile devices offer all three. Yet, it was not always so.
- Top mobile security threats for 2013
- Published: January 3, 2013
- Mobile’s growing popularity with consumers and marketers is matched by an increase in the number of cyber attacks on smartphones. This means that security is likely to take on greater importance in 2013 compared to last year.
- Twitter must balance security, usability in Whisper Systems buy
- Published: November 30, 2011
- Twitter has acquired mobile security firm Whisper Systems, which provides security and management solutions that enable consumer phones and tablets to work as enterprise devices.
- Mobile security: the elephant in the room
- Published: January 6, 2011
- By Gary Schwartz
Is there an elephant in the room? Is mobile commerce fraught with security concerns?
- How secure is Twitter?
- Published: July 22, 2009
- Should frequent Twitter users be concerned about the level of security the site offers, since mobile and PC data encryption seems to be non-existent at board level?
- Smarter phones bring security risks: Study
- Published: December 1, 2008
- As smartphones become smarter, security risks rise, according to a study conducted by comScore M:Metrics on behalf of Airwide Solutions.
- Beware: Malware viruses targeting smartphones
- Published: July 17, 2008
- A growing number of malware writers are targeting iPhones, BlackBerrys and other smartphones with viruses, trojans and worms to spy on financial data and steal identities.