Total Results: 5
- Does tablet popularity signal the death of netbooks?
- Published: February 16, 2011
- Robust sales of Apple’s iPad and competing tablets from manufacturers such as Samsung, Motorola, Dell, Research In Motion and Hewlett-Packard may be killing off 2009’s hot computing device, the netbook.
- Will tablets go the way of netbooks?
- Published: November 29, 2010
- What most manufacturers don’t realize is that consumers are buying the iPad – the most saved-for holiday electronics gift – because it is an Apple product, and not because it is a tablet. There’s the iPad and there’s the iFad.
- Smartphones, netbooks and Aspirin
- Published: September 15, 2010
- By Jeff Hasen
Because turnabout is fair play, I figure the consumer electronics shop can sell Aspirin if the drugstore can sell netbooks.
- Dell adds GPS, WiFi positioning to Mini 10 netbook
- Published: July 6, 2009
- Dell is investing in location-based services, adding GPS and WiFi positioning to its Mini 10 netbooks in the first step in its mobile strategy that may include a smartphone.
- What effect will netbooks have on mobile?
- Published: February 10, 2009
- The growing popularity of netbooks -- smaller, lighter and cheaper laptops with almost similar Web capabilities as big-screen versions -- is set to change the world of mobile marketing and media.