Total Results: 168Displaying: 1 - 10
- Women’s strong emotional connection to smartphones requires unique approach: Time Inc.
- Published: October 31, 2013
- Women more so than men have a strong emotional attachment to their smartphones and tablets, suggesting marketers need to position their messages differently for mobile than other media channels, according to a new report from Time Inc. and Nuance Digital Marketing.
- Why skipping price cuts may be smartphone retailers’ best bet
- Published: October 3, 2013
- By Kevin Farkas
Conditioned by constant product launches and upgrades, consumers increasingly want the newest and fastest smartphone available and are willing to wait to buy the newest release.
- Advertiser interest in tablets less bullish than expected: report
- Published: September 18, 2013
- Advertiser interest in tablets is not as strong as expected, with marketers and agencies planning to allocate only 39 percent of their mobile budgets to tablets compared to 61 percent for smartphones, according to a new report from Advertiser Perceptions.
- Why do retailers insist on coming out with their own mobile devices?
- Published: August 23, 2013
- Tesco and 7-Eleven are the latest retailers hoping to find success with mobile devices bearing their brand even as others have tried and failed with similar strategies.
- Moto X’s big budget alone will not guarantee success – just ask Nokia
- Published: July 12, 2013
- In a sign of its big aspirations for the Moto X, Google is putting up to $500 million in marketing spend behind the new Motorola smartphone. But is it enough to break through the marketing muscle of Apple and Samsung?
- 4 reasons to stop calling tablets mobile devices
- Published: May 24, 2013
- By Alec Green
It might be hard to believe, but tablets are not mobile devices and here are four reasons why.
- Office for mobile is key to Microsoft’s future. Anyone home?
- Published: May 17, 2013
- While cofounder Bill Gates stepped away from the CEO’s job in 2000, handing over the day-to-day running to lieutenant Steve Ballmer, he cannot be blind to the obvious: his legacy is about to be undone. Unless Microsoft gets its product and customer focus right, it will wither on the vine.
- Lancôme exec: Limited resources? Focus on tablets
- Published: May 3, 2013
- NEW YORK – A Lancôme executive at the Mcommerce Summit: State of Mobile Commerce 2013 conference said that marketers who have limited resources should focus on tablets because the devices are highly immersive, intimate and transformative.
- Is the iPhone becoming the new BlackBerry?
- Published: April 15, 2013
- Mobile devices have drastically changed over the years and the space continues to evolve at an expeditious pace. BlackBerry was once considered at the top of its game and has since lost some of its appeal. With Apple's major drop in stock value and ongoing PR battle, is the manufacturing giant following in the same footsteps?
- 1B smartphones will be shipped worldwide this year: Gartner
- Published: April 5, 2013
- The number of smartphones shipped worldwide will reach one billion this year as the device becomes more affordable, driving adoption in emerging markets and the prepay segment in mature markets, according to a new report from Gartner.