Tag: social media
Total Results: 95Displaying: 1 - 10
- Social media conundrum: user experience vs. commercial need
- Published: March 4, 2014
- By Mark Pinsent
By giving us a useful service for free, social media companies want something back. And it is our data that they want.
- Facebook now owns the three most ubiquitous mobile apps in the world
- Published: February 21, 2014
- By Hemang Gadhia
Facebook now owns the world's biggest social networking mobile app, photo-sharing mobile app and messaging mobile app.
- Mobile social media is reinventing advertising
- Published: January 31, 2014
- By Jim Piper
As media proliferation continues to affect advertising budgets, managing your unique brand position becomes increasingly difficult.
- Facebook’s shift away from engagement will benefit mobile advertisers
- Published: January 27, 2014
- By David Serfaty
Is Facebook’s recent shift from engagement and affinity ads to performance-based social ads bad for the social network?
- Can social media be used for mobile direct response?
- Published: January 22, 2014
- By John Busby
If behavioral patterns on mobile have taught us anything, it is this: After typing in a search on a smartphone, consumers want to act fast and buy now.
- Facebook inches towards Twitter with Branch, Potluck acquisition
- Published: January 15, 2014
- Facebook's addition of link-sharing services Branch and Potluck aim to bring the social network in line with Twitter on the real-time conversation front.
- Sponsored photos a growing part of marketers' mobile social toolbox: report
- Published: January 3, 2014
- In a sign of mobile's growing role in the social media ecosystem, marketers’ use of sponsored photos leapt from 24 percent in 2012 to 33 in 2013, according to a new report.
- Three things marketers must demand in 2014 without fear or favor
- Published: January 2, 2014
- Enough time has passed in the annals of mobile for brands and retailers to seek clear-cut answers on some meekly accepted wisdom. Failure to do so will sap budgets in the wrong direction, resulting in lost opportunity costs and decreased customer loyalty.
- Are mobile social ads overhyped?
- Published: December 23, 2013
- The number of mobile social advertising opportunities has mushroomed this year and while initial results are promising, it is still unclear how consumers feel about the ads, if they can drive engagement at scale or even if they will be around in a year.
- Facebook is most trusted review platform: report
- Published: December 10, 2013
- When looking to make informed decisions on purchases, consumers tend to check social media for input, and according to a recent report from Social Media Link, Facebook is the most trusted review platform over Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.