Tag: text messaging
Total Results: 302Displaying: 11 - 20
- How to create effective iPhone-targeted SMS campaigns
- Published: December 11, 2012
- While much of the focus on marketing to iPhone users centers around advertising, they are also heavily engaged with SMS campaigns. Using device targeting, marketers can reach iPhone users via SMS with campaigns designed to meet their needs.
- FCC ruling on text messages paves way for bigger commitment to mobile marketing
- Published: December 3, 2012
- A recent ruling by the Federal Communications Commission regarding certain types of text messages could open the door for brands to make a bigger commitment to mobile marketing.
- SMSí biggest achievement is proving that mobile marketing works
- Published: December 3, 2012
- Since the first SMS message was sent 20 years ago, texting has become nearly ubiquitous and is embraced by brands of all shapes and sizes. However, the next two decades may not be as rosy as texting is challenged by sexier smartphone-enabled marketing and the rise of free messaging apps.
- Papa Johnís SMS practices could cost it over $250M in damages
- Published: November 15, 2012
- Papa Johnís faces a class action suit over text messages allegedly sent to customers not interested in receiving such communications, with damages potentially reaching more than $250 million.
- Texas Dept. of Transportation enlists mobile to discourage drinking and driving
- Published: October 18, 2012
- The Texas Department of Transportation is leveraging text messaging and the mobile Web in a new campaign to deter college-age adults from driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Avoid this $47M mobile marketing mistake
- Published: August 28, 2012
- By Greg Hickman
Would you have $47 million to make up for a mistake you made in your business? Or, for that matter, a client?
- Three quarters of businesses donít understand mobile messaging
- Published: August 27, 2012
- By Darren Daws
Whether businesses have a mobile strategy or not, there will always be a place for opt-in bulk SMS within their marketing mix.
- Collecting mobile numbers: Itís all about brand engagement
- Published: August 14, 2012
- By Kalin Kassabov
For many consumers, mobile devices are the last fortress of privacy Ė the one place no one can get to them. The last thing they want is to be spammed by unwanted text messages.
- Saga Communications uses SMS to drive listener engagement
- Published: August 7, 2012
- Radio station owner Saga Communications gave listeners of 31 different local stations a chance to win daily prizes and receive special offers by texting in, with the broadcasterís SMS club growing 60 percent in one month as a result.
- Summerfest attendees engage with favorite artists via SMS and Twitter
- Published: August 3, 2012
- This year's Summerfest music festival saw attendees actively engaging with their favorite artists via both SMS and Twitter, proving once again that mobile and social go hand-in-hand.