Tag: text messaging
Total Results: 321Displaying: 11 - 20
- Mobile Minutes: GM and Lyft; Amazon livestreams Julia Child; Refugee crisis; Customer service and mobile
- Published: March 16, 2016
- Today in mobile marketing – Lyft and GM roll out car rental program to attract more drivers; Why is Amazon livestreaming Julia Child and Bob Ross?; Text messaging may solve one major problem in the refugee crisis; Retailers must put mobile technology at heart of customer service strategy or lose out, says SOTI.
- How to build an effective SMS program
- Published: February 17, 2016
- By Dan Slavin
Studies have shown that given a choice, most people in an unfamiliar location will make do at a chain restaurant they know rather than try a local restaurant that they have never seen before. That is the power of branding. This means that branding is essential for your SMS marketing program.
- Resurgence of SMS marketing
- Published: February 2, 2016
- By Kalin Kassabov
For almost as long as mobile phones and text messaging have been around, people have been predicting the death of SMS marketing. There are, in fact, reasons to suppose that the future of SMS is more secure than many other types of marketing.
- Reviewing SMS and MMS retail holiday marketing
- Published: January 25, 2016
- By Melinda Krueger
Retailers made great strides, baby steps and big gaffs in the march toward SMS marketing excellence this past holiday season. Here is a recap of ideas to emulate or avoid.
- Should SMS be taken more seriously for mobile app engagement?
- Published: November 24, 2015
- By Brian Heikes
Even though app usage is incredibly strong, conversion rates through that mobile channel remain weak. Forrester Research reports that “most retailers say their mobile Web sales continue to outweigh their app sales.”
- TCPA compliance remains a headache for marketers
- Published: January 22, 2015
- By Marc S. Roth
While seemingly easy, developing an effective mobile strategy is not without peril. Companies that have attempted to do so without following the rules – which will never be mistaken for a model of clarity – can attest to the pain and costs that result from such efforts.
- Beacons will under-deliver – here’s why
- Published: December 30, 2014
- By Matt Ramerman
Location is a key to your 2015 marketing success. But beacons will take you down the wrong road.
- How Redbox keeps its SMS program interesting for subscribers
- Published: August 29, 2014
- In the latest example of how Redbox continues to push the envelope on SMS marketing, the company sent out a text message to subscribers encouraging them to click on a link to be taken to a scratch-off surprise deal.
- How marketers in India use SMS differently from US peers
- Published: August 4, 2014
- By Ritesh Bhavnani
While the U.S. is clearly more advanced in terms of its adoption of mobile technologies, India stands out for the sheer centrality that mobile phones have to everyday lives.
- Wet Seal fires up text messaging with rich media to better engage teens
- Published: July 25, 2014
- Wet Seal is elevating its mobile messaging strategy with rich media, including images, video and social links, to meet the increasingly sophisticated mobile needs of its target audience.