Tag: text messaging
Total Results: 317Displaying: 41 - 50
- Use of long codes in US has consequences, says OpenMarket exec
- Published: May 7, 2012
- Jay Emmet, general manager of Amdocs’ OpenMarket, is cautioning heavily against the use of long codes in the United States.
- US Tennis Association expands SMS strategy to drive fan engagement
- Published: April 12, 2012
- The United States Tennis Association is significantly expanding its existing SMS strategy this year with plans to bring in-venue messaging to more events and introduce new text clubs.
- Miami Dolphins drives 300pc increase in mobile subscribers via segmented messaging
- Published: March 8, 2012
- The Miami Dolphins increased its mobile subscriber base by more than 300 percent during the past year thanks in part to a new strategy of letting users choose which kinds of messages they want to receive.
- Do Something boosts SMS activity to talk more effectively with teens
- Published: January 18, 2012
- Do Something is significantly increasing the number of its text messaging campaigns as the nonprofit tries to leverage mobile to have conversations with teens about the various causes it supports.
- Phoenix Suns boosts mobile marketing strategy with enhanced SMS capabilities
- Published: December 22, 2011
- The Phoenix Suns will build its mobile strategy for the upcoming basketball season with an enhanced text messaging strategy to nurture fan loyalty and increase sales.
- Are storefront mobile calls to action effective in driving in-store holiday traffic?
- Published: November 16, 2011
- Retailers are showcasing mobile calls to action in their store windows, on signs inside stores and in other high-traffic areas as a way to make shopping more convenient this holiday season.
- SMS: Thinking beyond the text message
- Published: October 21, 2011
- By Llew Claasen
The global SMS market is expected to grow from $150 billion in 2009 to $233 billion by the end of 2014, per Portio Research. But it is key to note that SMS is growing far beyond the simple text message.
- SMS usage skyrocketing: Pew Internet study
- Published: September 22, 2011
- A study released by Pew Internet found that text messaging usage among adults in the United States is extremely high, indicating the marketing possibilities using the channel are endless.
- Do messaging apps pose a threat to carriers and marketers?
- Published: September 12, 2011
- While a growing number of mobile players are tapping into SMS via messaging applications, it remains to be seen what kind of impact these moves will have on carriers and marketers.
- 6 SMS best-practice tips for brands and retailers
- Published: June 24, 2011
- By Melinda Krueger
While many time-honored marketing principles apply to SMS, we must appreciate this unique channel in the context of human behavior. These basic practices lay a solid foundation.