We are looking for a highly skilled Digital Media Designer to join our New York City based in-house marketing and communications team. The designer will creatively use graphics, videos, images and motion graphics to tell our brand’s story and connect with our global audiences across all relevant digital and social media platforms. They will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other designers and marketing managers to create holistic design solutions and assets to promote ICSC’s events, thought-leadership and brand positioning. It is critical that our future Digital Media Designer to able to think strategically about content development and message delivery and to have a clear understanding of the relationship between copy and design. They must also have a strong work ethic, an enthusiastic approach to assignments, flexibility as assignments and priorities adjust and solid communications and time management skills.
The role reports to the Vice President of Communications and Publishing.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL MEDIA DESIGNER AT ICSC DO?
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver creative digital (email, social media, web, banner and programmatic advertising, video) and, on occasion, print promotional assets to reach ICSC’s B2B audience.
- Design motion graphics, infographics, info cards, thought-leadership reports, email and web banners, microsites and interactive animations using typography.
- Produce and/or edit videos, for such things as sizzle reels, for event sales and social sharing.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the visual brand manager, other designers, copy writers/editors and stakeholders to create brand alignment and consistency in message delivery.
- Help lead the visual ideation process and develop original design solutions to meet stakeholder needs and address their challenges.
- Stay informed on and employ the latest trends in digital media and marketing, as appropriate.
- Contribute to and maintain growing library of branded assets.
- Supports and back-up team members, including social media scheduling on Sprout, as needed.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Fine Arts, Advertising or equivalent.
- 2 - 4 years design experience in an agency or corporate role.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Software (specifically InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a sense of visual storytelling and a wide range of design abilities, including static and motion graphics, and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Experience in retail, retail real estate or commercial real estate.
- Outstanding work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Solid interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
ICSC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting harassment and discrimination.
All hiring decisions are made without consideration of gender or gender identity, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment with ICSC, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ICSC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. An employee who has engaged in discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation in violation of this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] for consideration.